GOD Vs. Science

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hey Roger,

Here are links to a couple of the threads, you may have to register to view them though.

http://acurazine.com/forums/religion-politics/356404-dinosaurs-humans-coexist-creation-museum.html

http://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?do=process

I have heard people say in various situation, "If there really is a God, then why did He let *whatever* happen?"

As a believer, it's important to understand that things happen because of decisions we make, "All things are permissable, but not everything is beneficial". I think it's also important to understand that God does not allow things to happen as a punishment to those of us who are still here, using the example of a person's death. As we understand it, things are 'allowed' to happen because there is a more important purpose for an event that God allowed to take place. It's usually for the good of other's. Unfortunately, people are emotional and not thinking about what good could possibly come of the loss of a loved one, but, nothing that God allows, as Christian's believe it to be, is without purpose.

Things could very well be different, in the case of someone's life being cut short, but because we were given freedom of choice, there are alot of events that happen that many are quick to make the above statement, without looking at some of the other 'factors' that contributed to some of those unfortunate events.

Hope that makes sense.

aznfunkyflip

Reaction score
Hey Roger,

Here are links to a couple of the threads, you may have to register to view them though.

http://acurazine.com/forums/religion-politics/356404-dinosaurs-humans-coexist-creation-museum.html

http://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?do=process

I have heard people say in various situation, "If there really is a God, then why did He let *whatever* happen?"

As a believer, it's important to understand that things happen because of decisions we make, "All things are permissable, but not everything is beneficial". I think it's also important to understand that God does not allow things to happen as a punishment to those of us who are still here, using the example of a person's death. As we understand it, things are 'allowed' to happen because there is a more important purpose for an event that God allowed to take place. It's usually for the good of other's. Unfortunately, people are emotional and not thinking about what good could possibly come of the loss of a loved one, but, nothing that God allows, as Christian's believe it to be, is without purpose.

Things could very well be different, in the case of someone's life being cut short, but because we were given freedom of choice, there are alot of events that happen that many are quick to make the above statement, without looking at some of the other 'factors' that contributed to some of those unfortunate events.

Hope that makes sense.

i know what you mean bro because i've actually experience it myself and it's one of the thing i share as my testimonial.

my Mom passed away last year due to cancer. she never smoke nor abuse her body, but i did not blame God for what happened because i know my Mom fulfilled her purpose and God has a better plan. may i also add that this was the time when i was still a new believer. i guess you could say that God was testing my faith, but i didn't turned away from God, instead, i seek more of Him. i asked for him strength and he didn't fail me. even my relatives and friends said that i've changed for good.

i guess to me believing in God is not hard because i've experience it and knows that he existed. my sister even told me that she's really surpirsed how i was able to keep everything under controll during those times.

like i said before ... things happen for a reason because now i learned to be independent and learned stuff that i wouldnt even bother learning before.

guess that's a lil 411 of me. lol

btw ... thanx for the link. that'll keep me bust here at work.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That's great testimony, Roger. Sorry to hear about your Mom, but you know, perhaps this is how He is able to use the situation to help other's, you never know who may read this and see that maybe there is hope after a tough loss or emotional time in their life.

A phrase/bumper sticker that I always remember is, "Let Go and Let God".

I have slowly started to build a little library of some great reading material that has been very helpful as well.

On Acurazine, I think it's that guy, Caddy, if I remember correctly, he really has alot of insight.

Derek

Last edited:
Back