Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

Well got the wrong Part from Majestic Honda, so I called them
and the are shipping the head gasket to me and should be here later this week.
Friend started looking at the head Friday, probably follow up with
Him soon and update when I can!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Thanks Nikita,

Just got a call from my buddy. Turns out the head is just fine, some minor lash adjustments is really all it needed but better safe than sorry right? Probably pick it up this afternoon or tomorrow....

He did a full leakdown test on it and everything seals up perfect now, and he's running a test to make sure it's not warped just to make sure everything is hunky-dory.

Head gasket should be to me by Wednesday this week.

Probably this weekend re-assemble everything together, fill up with fluids, set the timing with the new head gasket and hopefully be all done!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Niiiice news! I hope that whatever the issue was will get fixed with a new gasket and fresh set timing. I got a good feeling once you put everything together it will be alright. There is literally nothing you didn't take into consideration when troubleshooting the issue. Good luck bro!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Niiiice news! I hope that whatever the issue was will get fixed with a new gasket and fresh set timing. I got a good feeling once you put everything together it will be alright. There is literally nothing you didn't take into consideration when troubleshooting the issue. Good luck bro!

Yeah, i'm pumped this time. I hope that this will fix everything, and i'll take my time with setting mechanical timing so I don't hopefully have to fu** with this for a while.... hopefully I didn't forget to check and/or replace anything. ha.

AFAccord said:
Hurry up UPS! Let's go, let's go!!!

I am so antsy right now to get everything going again and UPS seems so flippin' slow right now..... I may end up taking work off on Friday to get an early start on the whole thing. I wanna run E85 and I want to push some mad HP already. I have stalled enough.... :naughty:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got the head back, looks good and all checks out, seals and everything. Just waiting on damn UPS to bring the headgasket, and button everything up on Friday!

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

**** ya man glad to hear your making good progress again :thumbsup: are you tuning it yourself or are you having someone else tune it I can't remember.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

**** ya man glad to hear your making good progress again :thumbsup: are you tuning it yourself or are you having someone else tune it I can't remember.

I'll bring it to a tuner locally that i trust and has done multiple other cars along with a buddies car. Don't really feel like doing it myself, ha. Plus that way i'll get a dyno sheet also.

I'll be taking Friday off of work to do everything and get it all buttoned up and hopefully purring and idling perfect. After that it's just making an appointment with the tuner if everything goes well! (Fingers crossed).

Back