Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

Sounds good buddy. Hopefully you make some nice power. If you need any AEM questions sorted out drop me a pm or something. Best of luck

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Thanks akoutmos!

Update, got the new gasket in, and everything installed including all fluids, etc. and got the "mechanical" timing dead on.

Tomorrow will be getting it synched with the AEM. More to come, and hopefully its good news.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well by the time I set the timing to 0* and felt comfortable turning on the injectors to attempt to turn the car over, the battery started to die....

So, it'll have to wait for another day. ugh. Hopefully soon too.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

You need a power booster pack!

I totally agree. Ha. Probably attempt again Wednesday when I got time. I would like to get it running before I leave out of the country for a week rather than be gone and not be able to stop thinking about it.

I was so da** close last time too. ugh.

Russianred said:
Almost there man!!

Tell me about it can almost feel it!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well gonna try again today, i'm gonna replace the spark plugs, and probably throw in some fresh E85 gasoline and try again. I really hope this time works cause i'm starting to get frustrated.

AFAccord- I'll make sure I hook up a booster pack this time so I can try until I get it. ha.

AFAccord

Reaction score

Updates?? :poke:

I decided yesterday that I'm going to run e85 in my build (the majority of the time at least). I'd like to see how this works out for you first. :) Let's go! :smash:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Updates?? :poke:

I decided yesterday that I'm going to run e85 in my build (the majority of the time at least). I'd like to see how this works out for you first. :) Let's go! :smash:

No updates, didn't have a second hand to help me out so made it difficult. ha.

But, I think my fuel pump is starting to fail because it's starting to freak out when it primes, so that could be part of the problem in having it turn over.....

I'm going out of the country for a week starting tomorrow, so i'm gonna have my buddy that looked at my head help me out when i get back. Starting to get anxious to get this thing going....

Back