GOOD 6th gen. automatics

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I want a 6spd swap... My tranny is at 128k and is lagging in the mornings. Shifts hard and has already been replaced once at around 83k i think. V6 of course. Really don't want it to fail right now as I don't have money for a swap yet. Auto V6 cords are pains

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
99 v6 right now at 95k so far so good, it slips a little bit but i been changing transmission oil every 5000-7000 miles,

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Im rockin 210k on my original I4 trans and I drive it hard. No secret, just lucky I guess?

changaroo

Reaction score
i hope you all knockin on wood after you saying no problems :)

lonhahn

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input. It seems as though there is a very high rate of failure, but that a good number still go 100k and beyond.

Does anyone know if any of the transmission faults are fixed in the Honda remanufactured transmissions? I know it is a basic design flaw but thought there might be at least minor improvements.

Does everyone use Honda ATF or does anyone use any of the fancy synthetics?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input. It seems as though there is a very high rate of failure, but that a good number still go 100k and beyond.

Does anyone know if any of the transmission faults are fixed in the Honda remanufactured transmissions? I know it is a basic design flaw but thought there might be at least minor improvements.

Does everyone use Honda ATF or does anyone use any of the fancy synthetics?

Seriously, whats the point of this thread? If you want the complete ratio of failures, they are in the hundreds of thousands. A good number of av6 auto transmission fail before 100k miles. This not a bash or anything like that, it's just a reality check.

Back