Reaction score
Re: Goodbye Accord

updates?
Hope everything works.

Last edited:

ejreams

Reaction score
Re: Goodbye Accord

I was told that the suspension and its components seem to be ok.

-------

The first step would be to straiten the frame of the car, the radiator support is obviously bent and the rest of the frame may be a little crooked, in the front.

Estimated cost of that step is $550

-----------

During that step they would remove the radiator, figuring out if it is bent and or broken.
If its broken I can look at adding roughly $280-320 for that.

The hood latch is also mangled, and the hood may or may not be strait, its hard to tell.

----------

Once that is taken care of, there is another part underneath, the bottom one in the picture. I don't know what that is, that would need to be straitened, at that point they would know whether or not the front suspension was just an alignment fix or not.

Add those to the picture and labor goes up,
If something is bent, parts and or labor will again go up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now, I am 'driving the car' as little as possible.
I just got a new job, and my grandpa offered to help me with $$ to get the repairs done.

I really would rather not take money from my grandpa though, as crazy as that sounds to some people.

But I haven't put out the idea for good, It was just offered 2 days ago.

My plan as of now is to drive it as little as possible, there are no leaks, no engine light, etc. I know it may eat up tires fairly quick but time will tell on that.
I have a new job so I'll work as much as possible to save up as much money as possible and decide where to go from there.

I also hesitate with getting the repairs done because regardless of how much I love the car and how it has given me no mechanical trouble what so ever, it has 215,000 miles on it so the value of the car vs the cost of repair is something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Back