Goodbye Accord?

ejreams

Reaction score
Re: One Wheel Down

I know for sure I'll need an alignment, the front left wheel is sitting way far back lol

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
One Wheel Down

ejreams said:
I know for sure I'll need an alignment, the front left wheel is sitting way far back lol
U might have bent some suspension parts

ejreams

Reaction score

fixing the hood latch is gonna be the hardest part of everything.

Seriously?...
Cause heres the deal I just went to try it again and theres not even any resistance.
I'm talking about the release from inside the car, the one you pull first.
It doesn't even feel like anything is attached to it.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
One Wheel Down

You have a 98-00 sedan right? You can unbolt the hood Latch from the rad support by sticking a long extension with a 12mm socket on the end through the grill. Three bolts, two on top, one on bottom IIRC. This happen to my exs 6g sedan and that is how I got it open. Don't remember much after that though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ejreams

Reaction score

You have a 98-00 sedan right? You can unbolt the hood Latch from the rad support by sticking a long extension with a 12mm socket on the end through the grill. Three bolts, two on top, one on bottom IIRC. This happen to my exs 6g sedan and that is how I got it open. Don't remember much after that though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and thanks for that info.

Just to get this strait, the lever inside is attached to that unit by a cable (that is sort of like a brake line cable on a bike)?

When you pull the lever it unlocks, then you go push the second lever (under the hood) and pull the hood up.

What I'm confirming is, the place you put your hand under the hood, that lever in there is attached to the unit that pops open with the lever inside the car? (its all one piece?)

Sorry if I blow up anyones mind with this lol

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

It is all one piece, and I think I remembered what I did once I loosened the hood latch.

When you loosen the latch you'll be able to pull the hood up a little bit, but not all the way becasue it will still be attached to the hood latch assembly and the cable running into the car. I took a pair of needle nosed pliers and pulled on the cable (you should be able to see it) under the hood, releasing the hood and allowing me to open it. It's kinda hard to describe, but once you loosen the hood latch you should be able to see where the cable runs into the hood latch, thus seeing what you have to pull to release it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Oh my precious CL-S wheels! Lol juz kiddin. Hope the rim isn't bent and just needs a new tire.

The spring on my hood latch is seized with frozen gunk. I have to push the latch down to close it.

Back