Green HIDs?

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
I was Driving on the highway last week and passed an 8thgen civic with 8k hids and what looked to be 3k hids with a greenish tint to it, then saw the same thing on a Mazdaspeed 3.
the combination of the two looked pretty sick and was wondering if these can be ordered or is it a defect?
I also thought it might be 8k hids with JDM yellow fogs, since common sense says blue and yellow make green...
Anyways,
Im running 3k hids on my fogs, but they are only green when they warm up.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
That's sick. I've always wanted to run HIDs in my civic fogs, but I heard somewhere that it'll melt the housing ???

Also, I currently have my HIDs tapped into my DRL/light under the high beam power. Would that affect HIDs at all ?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i saw a noobsauce driving around here with green headlights once. i know they make all kinds of colors like red but its probably unrelated to kelvin temperature...probably either colored bulbs or different salts...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That's sick. I've always wanted to run HIDs in my civic fogs, but I heard somewhere that it'll melt the housing ???

Research, Young One......HID's don't melt the housings.

There are a bunch of people on here running HID's in their fogs, and I will also be on that list. Have yet to hear of anyone having an issue.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
D-rock has spoken.

I have PIAA H3's in my fogs and they have a green tint from certain angles. They're also more/less yellow depending on how close you are to them. Just the way their bulb is.

metrick1235

Reaction score
They do make Green HID's bulbs..along with pink and purple.. any shape and size... But i highly doubt that they are legal...In NC and GA even the Blue ones are illegal.. No blue lights of any kind on the outside of your vehicle.. Search Ebay,

Green HID

nsjames

Reaction score
I also imagine that the useful light they produce sucks.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
I was Driving on the highway last week and passed an 8thgen civic with 8k hids and what looked to be 3k hids with a greenish tint to it, then saw the same thing on a Mazdaspeed 3.
the combination of the two looked pretty sick and was wondering if these can be ordered or is it a defect?
I also thought it might be 8k hids with JDM yellow fogs, since common sense says blue and yellow make green...
Anyways,
Im running 3k hids on my fogs, but they are only green when they warm up.

i didnt read a single thing in your post but i have the same keychains as u do in ur siggy :) :haysm9:

Back