Ground Control coilover sleeves - discussion

kamozee

Reaction score
I actually emailed first and then ordered after confirming they were 4515.02

They stated the mistake came from GC directly…

proscratch

Reaction score
Alright friends, I need a little help on this one. I've had GC on for a few years now, love the ride even with them all the way down 3.5 inches. Here's the problem, it's Only down 3.5 inches! You know our 6 gens come with an incredible factory ride hieght.. I pulled up beside another coupe running a ground controil set up but he was on the Ground! Light turned green before I could get more info from him. Is it as simple as different "shorter" struts? Remove the spring perch? I don't get it.. Next step is f&f or air if I can't get to the bottom of this.

kamozee

Reaction score
So I heard back from the seller and he is going to send me a replacement kit without me needing to pay for the shipping to Canada. Not sure if I am exempt from duties or taxes this way.

Also the ebay seller stated that these are 7" springs. When I called Ground Control they recommended that I should indeed go down to a 7" if changing spring rates to 650 front and 450 rear.

Last edited:

kamozee

Reaction score
So I got the replacement kit today. Could anyone please confirm if these are for koni yellow?

Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Get a micrometer and measure the diameter of your Yellows and compare that to the inner diameter of the sleeve. There should also be a ledge on the inside at one end of the sleeve, about 1/4"-3/8" from one of the ends, this is what sits on the snap ring.

Guessing they all have the ledge though, the key is measuring if you're not sure you were sent the correct parts.

Last edited:

kamozee

Reaction score
I don't have a micrometer but I got a measurement of about 1-7/8" for the inner diameter

Back