G'sAccord01's 2000 Sedan EX

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: The Canvas. New G-mobile

I will never understand why people sell a 6GA and then buy another one.

Congrats on the new car, lots of things to check on with that high of mileage. Good luck with it.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score

RedRyder the reason why I sold my last one and bought this one is becuase I never had plans to 6speed or engine swap it so I always made sure my engine was in the best shape possible and my tranny was in good condition ... Didn't see the point in swapping it out and spending 3 grand where it wasn't needed. Sold my car for $4 grand to some lucky kid (Highimports):sad::hide: and bought this one for $1,700 ... The money I have left will go into the swap ... Tranny is good so I'll see if I sell it but the engine has 280K miles on it so I doubt anyone will buy it and if they do they wont give me much. Also this car is a perfect canvas for a swap considering it has high milage but it wasn't abused ... And yea I agree since it has high miles there lots of things that need to be checked but most of the things that need to be checked will get swapped for better parts anyway like everything with brakes suspension engine and tranny. Unless I'm missing something. I thought it was a good idea to do my 6speed this way then to had done it on my other car.

PS I also sold my car so I could buy a 6spd TL but failed to find one in my price range so I came back to the next best thing ... V6 6thgenaccord

Last edited:

G'sAccord01

Reaction score

1. Good call with the engine, but if you can get the tranny with it, you might as well.
2. Check on V6P about the brake upgrade/parts required.
3. 8th Gen V6 rims are 18's, btw.
4. From other posts on here, the Coupe fenders don't fit. Best to check that before you buy them.
5. If you are doing an engine swap, then you should probably upgrade the exhaust(even if it is still a single exhaust). Stock would be way to restrictive.
6. Shoot a pm to Tek_Rice about the option of doing a J36 build, since you already would have the platform for it, and it would just be a matter of swapping in a few parts.

Enjoy the rebuild!

Yea I want to find everything together but its a lot harder to find it that way.
I have to remember what my v6p password is don't really log into there much
hmmm I didn't know the 8thgen V6 where 18" ... I'll see about the 7thgen ones that look alittle similar and are way cheaper(just need something better for now)
I do plan on upgrading the exhaust and get some headers for it as well to put the engine to good use but I;m not sure what to get. (Don't want my car sounding like one of those broken down civics lolz
I'll see if I pm him some time after the swap. honestly I just want to see everything working and working properly before dumping money into the engine

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Is the new car purple or black?

If it's black, maybe look in to getting the TL-S wheels or the Nissan Altima SE-R wheels.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score

Don't really like the TL-s wheels but would consider the SE-R ... I haven't really seen those one a 6thgen around here ... The car is black

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

With it being black then, any gunmetal rim would go well with it, but the SE-R wheels would be something different.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score

Lol your jumping way ahead of me man lmao but yea thats the plan to eventually get some 17/18 gunmetal ... I was looking at the XXR 522 ... I like how they look and price isn't to bad .. I'll probably do gunmetal or goldish color ... But thats not going to be anytime soon that'll be more towards the end of summer or maybe even next year

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Don't let me pressure you, I am going by YOUR mod list.

So, the engine swap is something you are looking to do next year as well?

G'sAccord01

Reaction score

No thats the first thing I want to do actually ... I'm looking for trans and motor now once thats done I'll get the single exhaust then a drop then TL wheels and then do little things

Last edited:
Back