Gutting cat.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about gutting my cat because the honeycombs inside are all loose and rattle .. The problem is, my exhaust is already loud enough as it is. How much louder would a gutted cat make it ? I hate the noise -.-*

simon_y

Reaction score
I gutted my cat a couple of years ago and it did make my exhaust a lot louder. It droned on the Hwy and it basically became deeper throughout the whole power band.... but you also get a noticeable amount power increase. =)

In the end, you'll probably get use to just like anything else.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Damn lol. My exhaust gives me a headache and makes my ears ring lol. My plan was to change it out with a straight exhaust tip and a resonator to quiet it down .. I guess a high flow cat is coming first .. I bought this exhaust 5years ago haha. Bad decision ..

simon_y

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I have WS2 and it is loud enough to set off some car alarms if they are sensitive enough. lol

What exhaust do you have? Why don't you just add a resonator to what you have now?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I have a Megan racing catback lol. I got it cuz my friend was sponsored .. It's a giant 4" cannon .. And I want to go with dual tipped amg muffler tips straight back to a resonator .. Another reason is because that **** scrapes everywhere .. It's got a hole on the bottom now lol

I set off alarms just cruising by .. It's funny I think, but I'm over it lol

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I hear ya on the scraping issue with cans, hence why I got rid of mine. Polishing up the stock exhaust and putting on 8th gen accord exhaust tips.. But it will make your car a decent bit louder. Definitely go high flow cat

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Yeah, I decided to deal with the loss of power for right now until I can get a high flow cat .. Damn California and their stupid smog laws.:kenny:

Bax

Reaction score
Is there any specific way to gut a cat?
Helpful hints maybe? I need to do this soon to mine.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
you starve a sewer rat for two days, then hit it on the head with a hammer

then insert the rat into the cat and it'll eat it's way through

Back