H22 is home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Werd I missed your post on the motor hush, I picked up the full motor for $1000 something I could not pass up but I had to drive out of state to pick it up. It came out of a wracked 98 lude which I seen in person it would of been nice to buy the whole car if I could lol. I wish my car was a 5spd out of the factory but wiring is a bitch so I'm having Cptuning.com do my swap some time in april or may. It could of been something I might of pulled off if I had a 5spd to start with but since this is my daily driver I want it done right the first time I don't want to have my car down for a while and doing the 5spd swap to me is more of the bitch then the engine swap.

acrod99

Reaction score
^Exactly why i opted not to do a H22 swap. I dont have enough $ for a shop, and i needed my car now! Good luck, dre. I'm still jealous-maybe a H22 in a few years for me.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
^Exactly why i opted not to do a H22 swap. I dont have enough $ for a shop, and i needed my car now! Good luck, dre. I'm still jealous-maybe a H22 in a few years for me.

**** I would of wanted boost to tell you the truth but getting a good deal on the H22 made me change my mind lol. Boost no doubt it more fun but more maintenance and cost.

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
H22a4

I just got my 2000 Lude block last night and dropped it off at the machine shop. For just a block. That thing was heavy. My head and cams should be in tomorrow or Thursday. I will probably not even use the cams. I currently have my eyes on a Skunk2 cams, intake and throttle body.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, yea, if i ever go h22, i would put a ton of money into it before i even put it in, maybe even make it turbo ready.

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
haha, yea, if i ever go h22, i would put a ton of money into it before i even put it in, maybe even make it turbo ready.

Thats what Im doing Sketch. As soon as I detonated the F23. I was going to go all motor H22. But I said ****. I paid to much money for that turbo and downpipe to throw them away. The downpipe will bolt back up to the turbo and back to the exhaust. All I have to do is get another manifold. One for an H22. And I have a built H22 thats boosted. Its going to take me a couple of months. But I will just ride my Ninja for the summer. So Im not really sweating it.

Last edited:

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
Lol. I only paid $600 for it. Its a 2000 Kawasaki ZX-9R. Mint condition. Long story about it though. Bought it from a friend. But thanks man. I hope everything goes smoothly. I took a huge loss when my F23 detonated. Really set me back some dollars. But I think once I get this motor together. It will be making some serious horses. And will be well worth it. I just hope I can run boost without detonating the engine. Its probably going to be a few months before I can get an AEM EMS.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
how the f do you buy a zx9 for 600 bucks??? your buddy must have been in some serious debt or something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back