Handling with no Front Swaybar.

kn0x47

Reaction score
i wouldnt call it unsafe. the dx doesn't come with sway bars. I've heard of people taking their fsb's off include the guy on here with the 300zx. i don't know how it would effect your cornering speed. I know there's a guy on here that races a dx but i cant remember his screen name. he'd probably be able to give you a good answer

ib042129

Reaction score
i wouldnt call it unsafe. the dx doesn't come with sway bars. I've heard of people taking their fsb's off include the guy on here with the 300zx. i don't know how it would effect your cornering speed. I know there's a guy on here that races a dx but i cant remember his screen name. he'd probably be able to give you a good answer

dx. Does not have a rear sway bar stock, but has all the mounting equipment for it. It does have a front sway bar stock.

I have Eibach sway bars front and rear, and I currently took the front off in order to replace the bushings and end links. Or just leave it off.

I doubt DX vs other models would be that different. Unless it is stock and does not have the rear sway bar. Otherwise, I think the suspension is identical.

kn0x47

Reaction score
dx. Does not have a rear sway bar stock, but has all the mounting equipment for it. It does have a front sway bar stock.

ohh ok. i figured sense it didnt have a rear it wouldnt have a front. i would think just a rear would be better than just a front

CHID0

Reaction score
Wouldn't it create oversteer characteristic in hard cornering seeing as how beefier FSB would make understeer more apparent....so in essence and theory cornering would be slightly better without a FSB and a beefy upgraded RSB

ib042129

Reaction score
Wouldn't it create oversteer characteristic in hard cornering seeing as how beefier FSB would make understeer more apparent....so in essence and theory cornering would be slightly better without a FSB and a beefy upgraded RSB

Yes. That is the idea. I just want someone confirm or deny it absolutely from experience. Because at this point, for me, it;s just speculation.

I guess I will take the car on some back roads when I have free time, see how it feels.

And DX had the front sway bar exactly so that they understeer. The default settings is that you want the soccer moms to understeer when **** happens.

finch13

Reaction score
Yes, it will produce more oversteer and push the outside tire harder. With good tires, I'd imagine you would have to brake less going into a corner and the exit speed would be faster since you can get the car to oversteer. The only bad thing I can see is you may lift the inner tire off the ground, but like I said, shouldn't matter much with good tires (on the track).

It's not unsafe to drive without one as long as you can predict how it will handle. Do you know how many people are driving around with broken sway bar links? Millions.

5spd'r

Reaction score
To do this correctly, I think the spring rates need to be quite a bit higher, for the front that is. Without the FSB you're looking at true independant front suspension, which is good for making the front stick; most people don't know how to drift anymore so the factory wants you to go off the mountain headfirst.

finch13

Reaction score
The real reason todays cars have horrible understeer is because it's easier for a typical driver to correct the front sliding out than the rear sliding around.

5spd'r

Reaction score
The typical driver today would probably crap their pants if they had to drive a 1970's rear wheel-drive Datsun or Toyota in the snow! Even with a front sway bar only they'd get crossed up in a heartbeat.

Back