Handling with no Front Swaybar.

Drift

Reaction score
hey drift how do you like the eibach set up? rate it 1-10?

Id give it an 8 or 9. The reason it doesnt get a 10 is because I cant find any rubber bushings to replace the rear poly bushings with. Ive tried the ITR 23mm bushings, but the brackets dont fit. Im using the Accord OEM 27mm bushings up front though.

5spd'r

Reaction score
Is rubber vs poly a big difference?

My poly bushings just wore out maybe a year ago. Gave me several years
of good service.
I just replaced them with greasable versions. Maybe the grease will protect them longer.

Is the lifetime much shorter just for the exposed sway bar bushings or would you run into the same problem if you put them into the rest of the suspension parts?

I guess I will try with no fsb first. Because it is the easiest thing to do. Then if I don't like it. I will try my DX bar.

Edit: I wonder if there is a way to shave the sway bar down.

To shave the bar down, look into a machine shop to mill a couple of flat sections to weaken the bar without heating it up and losing the temper of the metal (it's basically a spring). So grinding would be a bad idea because it would heat the metal too much.

5spd'r

Reaction score
The TL-S is a 19mm bar for the rear. So, yes, only 19mm.

Try throwing the DX bar in a see how you like it. Its really personal preference and driving style that will be the deciding factor.

Ive traded out all my garbage poly bushings with rubber ones. I hate poly bushings. They last for about 100miles before they start hardening and clunking around.

Thats what Im running now.

I just got my TL-S (2004) bar today, I checked it with a caliper and it measured 20mm. part#52300-sep-a11 I haven't double-checked that# to make sure it's actually a TL-S bar and it's not installed yet so I can't say for sure it's the one to get, seems strange it's 1mm larger though. I did ask for the TL-S 6MT so maybe that's the diff.?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yes that is the difference. There is no '04 TL-S bar. There's an '07, which is 20mm and there's an '03, which Drift said is a 19mm. So you must have ordered the '07 6MT TL-S bar.

Last edited:
Back