help with fogs

xIrvin

Reaction score
Okay ran into a damn stupid problem with the fogs, i couldn't get the fogs plugged into my fuse box under my dash so instead i did this, not sure what to call it. I put it with the blue fuse pins?( It's the orange wire sticking out of the fuse box.
ad186a16.jpg

I grounded it
501bd8d3.jpg

And connected it to the battery
4e0ffcb3.jpg

But when i tested the fogs i blew a fuse, so i grabbed a spare one and it blew as well. Anyone have any opinions on what could be wrong??

Also if i wanted to just wire them up with my headlights would that work?

One more thing when i blackhoused my headlights this happened
3f998272.jpg

That little gap really bugs me, is there a specific reason it does this and is it fixable?

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
When I replaced my fender I too ended up with that annoying little gap, took me about 3 tries of taking the fender off and then back on to finally get it fixed. Just analyze the headlight and the fender and see if there's anything that might be pushing the headlights away from the fender? Quick question, is the gap from the fender to the door the same as the other side?

Bax

Reaction score
That would be called a "ghetto rig". :thumbup:

I'm not familiar with the wire harness of whatever fogs you have, so I can't suggest a way to wire it up. But common sense says that if you're blowing that little 15 amp fuse then you're obviously drawing too much current through it. Don't tap into a fuse, do it right.

Why couldn't you connect the wire under the dash where it is supposed to go?

Also, there have been multiple people who just splice the fogs' power wires into the headlights, at the same time getting a slightly larger fuse to compensate for the fogs just to be safe. Some people wouldn't recommend doing this, but I've seen a lot of people do it.

xIrvin

Reaction score
When I replaced my fender I too ended up with that annoying little gap, took me about 3 tries of taking the fender off and then back on to finally get it fixed. Just analyze the headlight and the fender and see if there's anything that might be pushing the headlights away from the fender? Quick question, is the gap from the fender to the door the same as the other side?

The other side is perfectly fine.

I'm not familiar with the wire harness of whatever fogs you have, so I can't suggest a way to wire it up. But common sense says that if you're blowing that little 15 amp fuse then you're obviously drawing too much current through it. Don't tap into a fuse, do it right.

Also, there have been multiple people who just splice the fogs' power wires into the headlights, at the same time getting a slightly larger fuse to compensate for the fogs just to be safe. Some people wouldn't recommend doing this, but I've seen a lot of people do it.

I have the 98-00 sedan replicas.
I don;t know much about wiring, There's no way i can use that same wire anymore though since i cut off the piece that goes into the fuse box under the dash. As to why i did it it's because i couldn't get my hand to fit with all those wires under the dash...
I was thinking about since i already messed it up i might as well tap it into my headlights, How would i go about getting a larger fuse? And by that i mean connecting the larger fuse to the fogs

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
I mean is the gap between the fender and the door on the good side the same size gap as the side with the fender to headlight gap?

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
Well then I really don't know what's the cause of your problem. When I had that same problem my fender was basically touching my door with the door closed.. a few self tapping screws and lots of patience and now it looks "normal" again. :thumbup:

Mikey

Reaction score

This.
This.
And...this.

There are simple wiring diagrams on the internet for hooking up your fogs. Hell, the Master DIY Thread has links, posted by ME, for wiring 98-00 sedan fogs. Granted, they're OEM but the wiring and places to plug things in should still work.

And unless you have some sort of disorder or condition, I know getting under your dash is easy. Im 5"10, 300lbs and I got up under there. It wasnt fun, nor easy, but I did it.

And I hate wiring, too. Im right there with ya. It took me 6 hours to install my fogs. Partly because I had never done such extensive work but also because I wanted to make sure I took my time and did is right.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Bax

Reaction score
I agree with Mikey 100%.

Also, here: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18938&highlight=fog

There are multiple examples in there of people talking about wiring their fogs to parking lights or headlights, and their examples of upgrading the fuse, etc.
Why would I just leave it here instead of finding you the answer you ask? Because you can read through all 34 pages like everyone else has, and some like me have done more than once.

:peace:

edit: Also, if you thought that one was fun, wait till you see this one. :D
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10706

Back