help with fogs

Bax

Reaction score
Stop ghetto rigging it! :eh:

The way a fuse works, it is designed to blow when the current flowing through it surpasses a certain level. This level is usually a little OVER whatever is deemed regular or "normal" to flow through it. Say your fogs are drawing 18 or 19 amps, (example, idk what they draw exactly), then you will have a 20 amp fuse. Just enough room for small change, but if it raises too much, due to some problem, it blows the fuse. Preventing a fire.
So a blown fuse means too much current is being drawn through it, obviously.
You either need to wire them to the headlights and upgrade the headlight fuse (i don't really recommend, but its an option), or run the fog lights separately and give them their own individual fuse like they are supposed to have.

xIrvin

Reaction score
Good news got the fogs onto my car,
Bad news still not wired properly, maybe on wednesday i'm gonna have time to solder the wires and have at it under my dash bored again.
another bad news the right side fog light is loose -__-, not loose as in it won't stay onto my from bumper cuz it's fully secure on there. However for some damn reason it wiggles side to side when it isn't supposed too.They're adjustable if i want to set them higher or lower. My right side is completely fine though i don't understand. They're adjustable if i want to set them higher or lower.

xIrvin

Reaction score
Need help again -__
i got the socket properly plugged into my fuse box under my dash, after i soldered the wires back together. ( no more ghetto rigging :D)
I grounded everything put it all back together and i go to try and turn them on.
Still blowing my damn fuse/amp in the fogs. I put a 15 amp fuse.

Anyone have any ideas on what else to do? I don't know jack squat about electrical ****.

4door accord02

Reaction score
I wired oem style fogs with oem switch ... And ill I had to do was wire up the switch use the correct pin out diagram and use the power source from under the dash.. And of course all the grounds.I blew one 10amp fuse and replaced with 15... Then had to reset my srs light cause was my light stayed on after I installed fogs... So I don't really understand why your having such an issue.. Did you read up in this before doing this DIY ?

xIrvin

Reaction score
^ I don't think so?
honestly don't know what a relay is, i;m just using everything that came with it.

metrick1235

Reaction score
check your ground, also make sure you dont have any other bare wires anywhere from start to finish. Do you have a Volt meter, check your current coming in.

xIrvin

Reaction score
I only wired one red cable to the battery.
How do I know if I have a relay?

Latest posts

Back