Help with installing mugen lip

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
dude that what i want my lip to look like..u cant even notice when u that far from the car..and plus..my lip is really really really noticable..so jmiller u using heat gun huh

No, I didn't use a heat gun, I just had to work it a little bit. It's plastic so it has a little elasticity.

jccg5

Reaction score
mine pisses me off man, it kinda bends up now in teh middle, **** the 01-02 front bumpers

yea no matter what u do is still bend up...lol...im try to stick it down with adhesive tape

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
yea i tried using the tape also, and it still bends up, i heard that if you shave/cut off the ends where the top part of the lip that lays on top of the bumper and curves in, it might fit better...

jccg5

Reaction score
yea i tried using the tape also, and it still bends up, i heard that if you shave/cut off the ends where the top part of the lip that lays on top of the bumper and curves in, it might fit better...

Ohhh my ****ing god...is still bend up...i event put for or five of the adhesive tape is still bend up...no matter what i do...i even shave the inner part near the hole and is still bend up..even more notice and worse....AHHH:bash: and yea people said just shave off the part of the lip where is the top that attack to the bottom part of the bumper..it will fit better..but i prefer not too..because i dont want to waste a good looking fine lip...i might switch to WINGWEST FRONT...because i want to perfect fit...

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
yea i tried that and it still curves up..... so i dont know what to do either, i guess the only way is to extend it, but i have no idea how to do it.

dj__mo

Reaction score
honestly dont waste ur time on that lip, go for a WW looks much better too....i just find those mugen lips they look too thin and bendy makes it look funky IMO

changaroo

Reaction score
yea i tried that and it still curves up..... so i dont know what to do either, i guess the only way is to extend it, but i have no idea how to do it.

I just installed mine yesterday, it wasnt easy!

I ended up taking off the bumper and that made it much easier to attach since it flexes a bit easier with it off the car. Drilled two holes on the top and zip tied it down :) No weird bending!

Back