Help with installing mugen lip

changaroo

Reaction score
Zip tied? :eh:

lol yeah -.- kinda ghetto, but the self tapping screws wouldnt stay put.

i'll put rivets in it when i have time, but until then it stays pretty well.

i have two self tapping screws on each of the corners, and then two holes at the top of the lip where its zip tied to the bumper its siting on.

the fit wasnt perfect, i have about a 1/4 inch crack on one of the ends cause thats the only way i could get it on the bumper, but it doesnt seem like it will be spreading anytime soon! *knocks on wood*

ccordex00

Reaction score
Installing the lip is easy...here are some step that I used
If you are lucky enough to have the two small holes on each side of the bumper you're almost done....

-If you have the on the sides make sure you drill just enough to get the bolt in place

-Then jack the car a little and take out the inner splash guard of each wheel

-Mount the lip and with the help of a friend make sure is on the right place (Front and Side) Mold the side so you get a nice fitment

-Get a marker (Sharpie) and mark the holes from the inside of the bumper...You'll use those marks to drill the tabs of the lip...

-Get some bolts, some washers are a good idea too and mount em

-Place two self tapping screws on the front and your r set

- If you paint the lip then use some touch up paint for the screws and bolts

trancemode

Reaction score
are the holes to add the front lip already drilled? or u need to do it?

eDub

Reaction score
:) Man I wanted to get the mugen front lip but if it has that much issues with fitment i might end up with the type r lip!lol :)

olivesomra

Reaction score
I just bought a mugen lip and im having trouble with the fitment too. T

he two ends of the lip don't sit flush on the bumper, and the lip is slightly to small for the bumper. I already ripped it trying to force it on. =((

how do I stretch it out a little bit??

wg2k7

Reaction score
i have a 99 coupe but when i first installed mine it took almost an hour to stretch it just to fit on the bumper, then after that the middle curved up. i just let it stay like that for about 2 weeks then took it off and reinstalled it and by then it had stretched out enough to the point that the middle was fine

olivesomra

Reaction score
i have a 99 coupe but when i first installed mine it took almost an hour to stretch it just to fit on the bumper, then after that the middle curved up. i just let it stay like that for about 2 weeks then took it off and reinstalled it and by then it had stretched out enough to the point that the middle was fine

how did you stretch it out thou? People are telling me to use a heat gun. Any advice on this??

matty2013

Reaction score
I will prolly get flamed for asking this since it's been covered, but I did a search and read alot of lip posts but the answers I seek are hidden within the posts.
Here it goes will an 01-02 front and rear fiberglass lip(unknown brand as of yet) fit on my 2000 bumper?
here is a picture of the lip
1923a2n_20.jpeg

Back