Help with ksports coilovers

xmsleepr

Reaction score
i plan on installing my ksports that i bought off a user on v6p few months ago but i dont know how to thread the shock to go for the minimul drop (temporary)
i have no idea how far up i should tread it to get a 1.5" drop neither how to go about lowering the car more once they are installed...help
i emailed ksport and they dont specific instructions for my application -_-

i plan on going lower after my 5-lug but right now i just want to put em on for so they would be there already besides have a blown shock :/

MrLazie1

Reaction score
just leave the top collar closest to the spring locked with the 2nd collar. and there is a 3rd collar on the bottom to lock the lower perch. ksports goes about 4 inch down. so just measure about 3.5in in thread and lock the lower half.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
just throw them on and adjust them till you get them at the height you want. its not that hard. once they are installed all you have to do to adjust the height is take the wheels off and spin the bottom mount to your desired height.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
So once its installed I just lossed the lock nut and turn theshock it will rotate with the spring but it won't loosed it correct? And is putting 3.5" of the shock into the bottom mount equals to about a 3.5" drop?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
So once its installed I just lossed the lock nut and turn theshock it will rotate with the spring but it won't loosed it correct?

loosen

no, you do not turn the shock to lower them.

read...

YOU_DAMN_NOOB.jpg

xmsleepr

Reaction score
Wouldn't that requiere me to remove the bottom bolt of the coilovers? And sketch how far in are your shocks threathed?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Wouldn't that requiere me to remove the bottom bolt of the coilovers? And sketch how far in are your shocks threathed?

take your car to a shop. If you can't figure out how to adjust the height of your coilover after looking at the picture andy posted for you then you have no business working on your car.

Last edited:
Back