Hi everyone I'm new!

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Welcome to 6ga! I will tell you first off that the transmission is terrible! With no proper coolant and second gear being so short, the torque converter is destined for failure. If you have put a new transmission in under warranty consider yourself blessed as well as consider a trans cooler! Other than that, the car just needs routine maintanence. Are you looking to lower the car or do any "mods" to it?

Hondagirl2001

Reaction score
Welcome to 6ga! I will tell you first off that the transmission is terrible! With no proper coolant and second gear being so short, the torque converter is destined for failure. If you have put a new transmission in under warranty consider yourself blessed as well as consider a trans cooler! Other than that, the car just needs routine maintanence. Are you looking to lower the car or do any "mods" to it?

Thank you =) Well I needed a torque converter also..That was not covered by warranty so I did have to pay for that and I needed to pay for the "tare down" as they called it. In total it came to about $3,800..I just got the car and noticed slipping thank god the warranty covered most of it..I paid out of pocket about $900.00. In the last two month she needed: Rear bearings, radiator hose, 4 new tires and rear brakes. As much as I want to do stuff to it, other things keep coming up LOL! I am told because its 11 years old things need to start being replaced so I probably won't do much to it for awhile I added a spoiler thats all. I really hope I can get a break for a bit. The previous owner had it 10 years and 3 months and he traded it in JUST before it needed serious repairs lol.... -_- Any issues with yours?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
The biggest issue with mine was the transmission. I now have a rebuilt transmission with an external cooling system and it runs amazing and all the other little things ie. brakes, rotors, alternator, etc... can be fixed with hand tools. I have 197,xxx miles on it and it runs like a champ. All my features work except cruise control and the car will probably last me another 200,000. The way I see it as much as I don't want to keep modding this car, I will keep it forever. If things go where I hope they will in the future with my career and I have disposable income I will be putting the CL-s 6spd in the accord. Until then it's just my daily driver. Great car aside from the transmission lol. Have a good stay here.

-kyle. :peace:

Back