HID Plug and Play

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
:confused: :confused: I have a 8000k kit from xenonlightsource.com, I installed it all corectly, except, the bulbs wont fit securely in the socket. It as if the new bulb is ever so slightly too wide. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone ran into this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I do understand that this is an inherent problem with a kit not engineered for any specific car, so please don't tell me something I already know.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Please elaborate on "not securely"?? Does it go all the way in to the socket, but not hold in place?? Not go in at all??

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
I ordered 9006 and the socket is the same. So I know I did'nt mix up the high and low beams. By not holding securely, I mean that it would go in, but something is stopping it from plugging all the way in. I looked inside the headlight, and the bulb does not seem to be touching the reflector. So I know thats not it. Theres a member on here that has the same kit, his user name is MikeyMike. I have PM'd him. Keep the suggestions comin guys, I really appreciate it!

shavedaccord

Reaction score
are you sticking the bulb in wire down? also rebased kits sometimes have these problems, they make the bases too thick, compare it to your OEM bulb.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
The base did seem like it could be a little too thick. I thought about taking a little off with a dremel, but I'm not too keen on that idea. When you say "wire down" do you mean the wires (positive and negative) or the wire that runs along the bulb?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
wire that runs along the bulb needs to be facing down once installed. If you dremel it be VERY careful and take a little at time then test fit, took much it will fit loose

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I also emailed the company, so I'll see what they say. This whole thing has got me a little frustrated. Any other suggestions?

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
The other side went in fine, and I ended up dremeling the other one down just a bit, and it went right in. Thanks to everyone for their help! I love 'em!

Back