Honda needs to step up the game!!!

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Personally, I think Honda execs really need to consider manufacturing a car to compete directly with the Avalon, Maxima, Genesis and other cars within that class.
Maybe stretching the accord another 5-6 inches and calling it an Accord XL or something.

***EDIT***
Manufacture this and still keeping the Honda brand name and not resorting to the Acura brand.
Honda should have Nissan/Toyota As its direct competitors and shouldnt rely on its Acura line to compete directly with Nissan or Lexus

Last edited:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I should Specify, something without the acura name on it.
Cause if we were to go there, We can throw in the Infinity & Lexus brand names...and in that case honda/acura would still be an underdog

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
why create another line?

honda should just focus on improving their current lineup and/or stopping some of the unsuccessful ones... they did a good job with the 9ga, but everything else out there is :ugh:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
why create another line?

Why not??
The accord has been the honda Flagship for 3+ years.
And while it's competitors has introduced bigger/better flagships (IMO) It seems as if honda is stuck with keeping the accord as the tip of the spear.
Just seems like Honda is content with using the Accord as the flagship and not willing to take a chance on a new line to directly compete with cars that has far exceeded the possibilities of the Accord

honda should just focus on improving their current lineup and/or stopping some of the unsuccessful ones... they did a good job with the 9ga, but everything else out there is :ugh:

I can agree and relate.
WTF was the cross tour about....LOL

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
they keep making the accord and civic bigger, they wont have to create another even larger car :lawl:

most families these days have a midsize car and a van/SUV/crossover. looking up and down my block, its 8th gen civic/odyssey...8GA/odyssey...lacrosse/enclave...etc.

i see maybe one 3G RL a day and a genesis 1-2 times per month...

Simkid5614

Reaction score
You also have to remember, Honda doesn't have a choice in the matter about the Accord, It's an award winner, They drop it or change it too drastically, they risk losing a lot of consumers.

mrnude

Reaction score
Personally, I think Honda execs really need to consider manufacturing a car to compete directly with the Avalon, Maxima, Genesis and other cars within that class.
Maybe stretching the accord another 5-6 inches and calling it an Accord XL or something.

***EDIT***
Manufacture this and still keeping the Honda brand name and not resorting to the Acura brand.
Honda should have Nissan/Toyota As its direct competitors and shouldnt rely on its Acura line to compete directly with Nissan or Lexus

screw the Avalon, they need to make sporty cars again :gride::rice:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
You also have to remember, Honda doesn't have a choice in the matter about the Accord, It's an award winner, They drop it or change it too drastically, they risk losing a lot of consumers.

That's the thing...They dont have to do either.
Just make a new platform to complete with the Maxima and so forth.
If it flunks...Oh well.
Cant do any worse than the Crosstour

Imagine a Honda (HONDA/NOT ACURA) That's larger than the Accord and shorter than the RL, with a V6 cranking out about 330-350HP
THen they can look at nissan and Toyota and say....CHECKMATE

LOL

Back