Honda Works on a Successor to the NSX

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Clicky

Honda Motor Co. President Takanobu Ito says his company is developing a sports car that will be the spiritual successor to the discontinued Acura NSX.
But in tune with the times, the new car won't feature the brute V10 engine that had been envisioned for the next NSX. That vision was scrapped in 2008 during the global financial crisis.
Speaking to reporters at the Shanghai auto show, Ito said the car would be exhilarating to drive but also environmentally friendly: "That's the kind of sports car we want to make."

Ito did not give details of the sports car or a timeline for its launch. The vehicle is expected to use an electric drivetrain to give the gasoline engine a boost, a Honda spokesman said. The car will be positioned as a high-performance counterpart to the two-seat Honda CR-Z sporty hybrid.

"We are working very hard on it," Ito said.

Ito's predecessor Takeo Fukui killed plans for an NSX replacement as one of several cost-saving cutbacks.

That version of the NSX was expected to have a front-mounted V10 engine turning out at least 500 hp. It would have followed the first-generation NSX, which had a mid-mounted V6. That NSX went out of production in late 2005 after 14 years.

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
its a "supercar" for Gods sake. Its supposed to get ****ty mileage and be terrible for the environment.
****in liberals (i think)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Sportscar, not supercar. Big difference. And it's Honda, nothing they make gets offensively low miles per gallon, and they'll never make something that does. The problem is that this is an extremely dull attempt at making something exciting. When people think, "NSX replacement"...they don't think "eco-friendly", and "align with CR-Z". I wanted to take a nap after I read that.

But yes, blame the libs. :lawl:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
meh, just some antics :lawl:

but really, whats the point? even a "sportier" version of the CR-Z will be like, a civic Si or something. Pretty quick, and not horrible to look at, but no WOW factor

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I want the HSV10GT. Nothing else should be in production, Toyota gets their V10 why can't we have ours.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
moar fail from honda, i hope they badge it as an acura and make it retardedly ugly

and physically bigger than a gtr...because that would only make sense, right?

83722d1214028726-2009-acura-nsx-prototype-nissangtr_nsx.jpg

Back