Honda Works on a Successor to the NSX

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not to mention all those cars look better than their replacements, by far. Save for the Supra obviously, for which no replacement has been made as of yet.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Not to mention all those cars look better than their replacements, by far. Save for the Supra obviously, for which no replacement has been made as of yet.

I will agree with the exception of teh 350Z. I think it looks pretty good but the older 300Z was good looking also

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I hear ya. For me, the 300z looks way better than anything after it. But RX7 > RX8. And NSX > HSV or any concept since.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
And to think that in 2011 an MK4 Supra, FD RX7, and TT 300zx, and NSX are some of the most prized imports STILL. I think practicality, and function still hold true.

You're right about the Supra, there is nothing practical about having a rotary engine and you'd be lucky if it functions with some reliability. Sure the car looks great but it runs like **** unless you overhaul the entire thing. Have you ever worked on a 300zx? to do almost anything requires you to either disassemble the engine or pull the whole thing. There is 0 room on to work on it, they have a history of mechanical issues, and the twin turbo, if you can afford to fix every part that could have aged you're going to be out some serious time and money in doing so. The NSX is only prized because its rare and it looks like a supercar.

I see Supra's at least once a month, I rarely see any of the others because their either not running or too pristine to be taken out.

1slosedan

Reaction score
You're right about the Supra, there is nothing practical about having a rotary engine and you'd be lucky if it functions with some reliability. Sure the car looks great but it runs like **** unless you overhaul the entire thing. Have you ever worked on a 300zx? to do almost anything requires you to either disassemble the engine or pull the whole thing. There is 0 room on to work on it, they have a history of mechanical issues, and the twin turbo, if you can afford to fix every part that could have aged you're going to be out some serious time and money in doing so. The NSX is only prized because its rare and it looks like a supercar.

I see Supra's at least once a month, I rarely see any of the others because their either not running or too pristine to be taken out.

I don't understand your argument. They're still top tier cars in the import scene. No matter how many people hate rotaries, or don't like taking apart 300zx motors. I mean, obviously now days they will be broken down a lot more often. They are 15-20 year old cars. The reliability argument goes out the window once a car is 10+ years old IMO.

EDIT: Okay, I kinda get where your going. But I meant practicality in their time period. Obviously, a Supra isn't even practical now because a nice one is 30k+. An RX7 has a notoriously hard to safely modify rotary engine. 300ZX are hard to fix sometimes. And an NSX is still pricey, and pricey to mod.

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I don't understand your argument. They're still top tier cars in the import scene. No matter how many people hate rotaries, or don't like taking apart 300zx motors. I mean, obviously now days they will be broken down a lot more often. They are 15-20 year old cars. The reliability argument goes out the window once a car is 10+ years old IMO.

EDIT: Okay, I kinda get where your going. But I meant practicality in their time period. Obviously, a Supra isn't even practical now because a nice one is 30k+. An RX7 has a notoriously hard to safely modify rotary engine. 300ZX are hard to fix sometimes. And an NSX is still pricey, and pricey to mod.

When they first came out and you could beat on them without worry they were some of the best cars for the money, except the NSX which was considerably higher priced than the others. I was talking more about getting one today and what you would have to deal with.

And I would honestly take a 911 Turbo from the same era over an NSX, the price is about 10 grand higher but the performance is considerably better. The flaw with the old and new NSX prototype is that they want to have their cake and eat it too. The cars they want the NSX to compete with it can't because it doesn't have the power. The cars it does compete with are half its price. The Prototype wants to be a hybrid and a sports car, which sounds awesome in theory but in reality a lot is going to have to be sacrificed to make it happen. Knowing Honda, what they'll sacrifice will be performance. So you'll be back to having a quick cornering car that drives on rails but weights more than its price competition and can't out perform them but costs twice as much as its performance based competition..... and all so it can be unique.

Back