How many people have autos and how many have 5-speeds

What transmission do you have in your Accord?

• Automatic Four Speed

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • Manual Five Speed

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters

Jeffro

Reaction score
That's because its a firebird... lol... just kidding...

I think my short shifter cost me about 70 or 80 bucks. The hard part of it is this:

Finding a die kit to thread it properly.
Finding a tool to cut it cleanly.

I bought the dies I needed from a local hardware store (you need 3, 4 would have been better) for about $20 total, and a friend had a grinder with a cutting blade, and he designed a vacuum to go around it and suck up the shavings. Did a really nice job. Everything else is cake. And you can get the DC sports adapters for about $70 or $80 shipped to your door, so if you get one on ebay, don't pay more than that...

Reaction score
Do you have any sites for the DC adapter at those prices? I don't really want to spend $200 on a shifter, at least not right now. When you did the adapter and cut the shifter did it fell a lot better as far as not flexing so much? I would that that with the lower height, and I would assume a bigger diameter (the shifter is tapered right?), that it would be a little stronger. the company where I work has a good machine shop and I can prolly borrow the dies from one of them. If I got the shifter out of my car they may do it for me (cut and thread).

Jeffro

Reaction score
I think this is where I got it from:

Clicky

And once the shifter is threaded, it won't be tapered. There is a bend about 3 inches down, so you can only thread that far (about 2 1/4 inches or so to leave room for the knob)... Here's my write up on puttin' it on. IMO, $70 is still too much for what you get, but whatever. I think it feels great, but like I said, I hardly notice anymore...

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I know you're not looking at the PSPEC, but here's mine after the job.
30D1C66E-BFD5-959A-029CE395EA9ABD1E.jpg

Shifter2.jpg

I like being one of the fourty people I know of that have this :afro:

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I'm really thinking about getting a PSPEC shifter....how long did it take for him to send it to you Totalimmortal? Install was probably pretty easy as well.

Jeffro

Reaction score
How tall is your shifter and how long are your throws? I think I might go measure mine for comparison purposes. Measure from 3rd to 4th gear if you do :D

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Quicksilvercord said:
I'm really thinking about getting a PSPEC shifter....how long did it take for him to send it to you Totalimmortal? Install was probably pretty easy as well.

It was a group buy on Everything-Honda.com, and it took a while. Try emailing him on his website. Install was a total pain in the ***, took all night. Buuuttt....soo worth it!!!

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
How tall is your shifter and how long are your throws? I think I might go measure mine for comparison purposes. Measure from 3rd to 4th gear if you do :D

I'll do some measuring tomorrow, hell the adapter might have the same shift length.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My neutral position is at a reference point of 6".

N to 3rd comes approx. to 7.5"

N to 4th comes approx. to 4.5"

So that's an inch and a half shift from N to 3rd or 4th, and three inches between the two.

So if the stock throw is 2.5 inches, and mine is 1.5 inches. If my math is correct, that's a near 60% difference in throw:D

Jeffro

Reaction score
And I'm assuming you measured from the top of your shifter... As soon as I get my daughter to bed I'm going to measure mine. My shift knob is pretty close to the same size as yours I think, so the comparison should be fairly accurate.

Back