How many people have autos and how many have 5-speeds

What transmission do you have in your Accord?

• Automatic Four Speed

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • Manual Five Speed

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters

retroshark

Reaction score
5spd here :p i guess technically the vin says im an auto, but then again, the vin also says its a 2 door accord with a 137hp naturally aspiriated f23 4cyl HA!

i have my shortened auto shifter for sale. shift knob included, 50 obo takes it :)

i also have an auto axle assembly for teh drivers side, in great condition... if needed.

nhsrunner

Reaction score
5 speed for me and no regrets, other than you couldn't get the stick with the V-6. Oh well.

HandoEX

Reaction score
As of today, I officially no longer own an auto :)

No I just need to get the mofo driving...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
5 speed. It was a very hard choice for me between a v6 or i4 stick. I had no trouble finding nice v6's, but i just felt wrong driving one. So i got a stick, and a great deal.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
5 speed. It was a very hard choice for me between a v6 or i4 stick. I had no trouble finding nice v6's, but i just felt wrong driving one. So i got a stick, and a great deal.

Good choice.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Since this thread has recently been revived, I throw myself into the ring with a 5-speed! FTW!

BTW, since there is so few of us, we should start a club...

Also BTW... I threaded my shifter today... waiting on the adapter, and the final cut and I will officially be "short" shifted! Woo Hoo! FTW!!!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
Since this thread has recently been revived, I throw myself into the ring with a 5-speed! FTW!

BTW, since there is so few of us, we should start a club...

Also BTW... I threaded my shifter today... waiting on the adapter, and the final cut and I will officially be "short" shifted! Woo Hoo! FTW!!!
We're slowly catching them :D

What adapter did you get? And let me know how you like it. I had one on my 5th gen, it felt pretty good, but i might go with a full replacement one. My cut shifter works fine for now though, just need a new knob.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Jeffro said:

LOL
That's what I did.

I have a J-Spec short shift adapter and I cut the shifter down about 1 inch.
You'll love it in the beginning, but after a while, you'll want it shorter.. Trust me...you will want it shorter. When that feeling comes upon you, find a stock 6th gen accord manual, and feel ho bad it used to be.
That's what I do

Back