How to use Seafoam

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
I was kidding. I don't wanna poison an already plagued transmission. Is it actually acidic or just super basic?

jwong512

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Seafoam is pretty acidic. Last time I dumped it into my engine oil, a lot of sludge came off and if I'm correct, sludge doesn't come off that easily unless you have a very strong compound to break it down. Same thing with the carbon in my intake manifold.

jwong512

Reaction score
If you didn't notice that much of a difference either the inside of your intake manifold is extremely clean or you waited too long and the seafoam hardened up along with the carbon deposits.

02J4accord

Reaction score
I waited 15 min. Most the the smoke that came out was white. It wasnt like a dirty black or anything. It cant be it was too clean, Im right at 150,000 miles. I used unjector cleaner just about every oil change though. Idk if that makes a difference. I followed what was posted here. Granted, it wasn't running bad prior to goin this either.

Nguyen916

Reaction score
I have a 2000 ex w/ 270k miles but my engine runs smooth but I'm getting bad gas mileage, is it worth doing? and will it do anything to the sensors?

dcmystery21

Reaction score
carbon deposits in the cylinders on higher mileage cars help maintain compression. if you seafoam the deposits out, you could easily lower your compression. if you are at ~200k, just leave your car alone.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I have a 2000 ex w/ 270k miles but my engine runs smooth but I'm getting bad gas mileage, is it worth doing? and will it do anything to the sensors?

You can just seafoam your fuel system.
1/2 can in the gas tank and 1/2 can in the vacuum hose for the brake booster

carbon deposits in the cylinders on higher mileage cars help maintain compression. if you seafoam the deposits out, you could easily lower your compression. if you are at ~200k, just leave your car alone.

I believe Carbon build up & sludge creates restriction which robes the engine of HP.
Once that stuff hardens in the motor, the crankcase has to work harder to get the parts moving because now there's more friction than originally.
The job of the piston ring seals is to prevent blowby and to keep the factory compression. Not carbon build up

Last edited:

AznVamp

Reaction score
My 6th gen has about 170k miles on it. Any thoughts on using it in the crankcase??

I heard it may cause leaks that are plugged up with carbon deposits to open up. :\

Back