How to use Seafoam

metrick1235

Reaction score
Nothing like tearing down the engine on a Saturday morning and givin' it a good scrubbin' for the Sunday drive to church!

I'm really impressed with Piston Polish cleaner, it's right next to Windex at the store... can't go wrong with Crank Detailer either....

Ya i usually change my Headlight fluid when i break down the motor.. just easier to get to when the motor is out..cause its so far down there.. also if your get your art paint out and draw some flames on the side you get like 250HP, and dont forget to add the power steering fluid to change your brake fluid...give it more stopping power..:duckhunt:

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Ya i usually change my Headlight fluid when i break down the motor.. just easier to get to when the motor is out..cause its so far down there.. also if your get your art paint out and draw some flames on the side you get like 250HP, and dont forget to add the power steering fluid to change your brake fluid...give it more stopping power..:duckhunt:

headlight fluid? :eh:

J30MAN

Reaction score
Is it alright to drive the smoke out of the system? Im not to hip on revving that many times under no load...heard it aint good for the motor.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Is it alright to drive the smoke out of the system? Im not to hip on revving that many times under no load...heard it aint good for the motor.

I'd say its actually probably better if you drive it then stay in one place revving.

ie. revving in Park or Neutral might not be good for the engine, making A LOT OF smoke in one place will attract more attention then driving with smoke blowing behind and possibly getting blow away by wind, most could think ur engine just burns like ****

J30MAN

Reaction score
I'd say its actually probably better if you drive it then stay in one place revving.

ie. revving in Park or Neutral might not be good for the engine, making A LOT OF smoke in one place will attract more attention then driving with smoke blowing behind and possibly getting blow away by wind, most could think ur engine just burns like ****

My exact reasons! Im just gonna goto the industrial park on a sunday and drive it around there....nobody will be there.

001Stunna

Reaction score
My exact reasons! Im just gonna goto the industrial park on a sunday and drive it around there....nobody will be there.

Have fun and don't kill to many birds :lolhitting:
...also make sure you know everything and got it all learned so nothing really goes wrong.
PS. When doing it through the vacuum go as slow as you can with the sucking of seafoam and having some1 rev the car and keep the rpms a bit up helps a lottt.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Have fun and don't kill to many birds :lolhitting:
...also make sure you know everything and got it all learned so nothing really goes wrong.
PS. When doing it through the vacuum go as slow as you can with the sucking of seafoam and having some1 rev the car and keep the rpms a bit up helps a lottt.

I watched Greddyaccord's video on youtube many times and am going to do it exactly like he did.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Why don't you just spend the day taking apart the intake manifold and the plenum, cleaning it out with a wire brush and some carb cleaner, scrub scrub scrub and also clean out the throttle body. my idle is so low now (normal low) and quiet that I don't even feel a load with the A/C or accelerating. seafoam doesn't work. it hardly cleaned out anything after I took everything apart. And clean your IACV also. Seafoam might help a little, but it's all for looks and mental.

Last edited:
Back