I <3 JDM.. got pulled over

lwlba

Reaction score
dam... this is what's holding me back on a swap.. freaken ignorant cops

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
fix it tickets are basically.....
you fix it, bring it to police/sheriff station and get it signed, pay 10bucks, over.
its that simple.

cali cops are FTL.....seriously....i once was pulled over because my exhaust sounded nice, but it was honda....so good exhuast tone + honda = illegal swap or wahtever.......go figure....:madrun:

Well he put a sticker on the back of the ticket with a big smile. It says I have to take it to a state ref. That means I have to make an appointment. =/
Well here is a pic of what he supposedly ticketed me for:
IMG_4521.jpg

Just took the picture of it now.
LOL i mean.. that hose is disconnected..
I dont think he took a picture of that though..

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
so if that is illegal i dont want to fight it, but miraculously if it doesnt affect emission lol i will contest.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, i would say if AEM made their intakes with the extra tube on the intake to be connected to the place where the breather is, then it should be hooked up. having that little breather really doesnt do anything anyway.

but yea dude, thats pretty beat that they harassed you for nothing.

but i never knew you were a v6, haha, damn your low for that....id be so nervous about the oil pan, haha.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
well, i would say if AEM made their intakes with the extra tube on the intake to be connected to the place where the breather is, then it should be hooked up. having that little breather really doesnt do anything anyway.

but yea dude, thats pretty beat that they harassed you for nothing.

but i never knew you were a v6, haha, damn your low for that....id be so nervous about the oil pan, haha.

Yeah it does have the tube, The tube was just hangin there lol. i had the breather there thats why. I just want to know if having the breather there is illegal or not.
but yeah i am a v6 lol.

Thanks for all the support once again. Anymore advice would be deeply appreciated. I <3 6thgenaccord.com

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
idk, id just hook the tube back up. then you can go to the ref, be fine, and then if/when you get pulled over again, you really have nothing to worry about. outside of cali, no one really has to worry about all that nonsense, but i still even have my tube hooked up.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The tube needs to be hooked up for engine equilibrium - it's part of the engine vacuum system. The small filter you have installed is actually pointless since its hole is used for sucking air into the crankcase, which would naturally come from the cold air or short-ram intake if you had the tube connected.. plus as it stands now, you are getting hot air in the engine through that hole, not that it matters a whole lot.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
since its a fix it ticket, and i still have to go see the ref. Would the cost of the ticket still be a lot? It's for vc 27156(b) modified emission.
And would they just check to see if I corrected the situation or will they smog my car too?
Those are the last questions I promise >.<

simon_y

Reaction score
Wow, their strict in Cali aren't they? Well, the breather is illegal everywhere for emissions purpose.

Back