I4 to a V6

cg6boi

Reaction score
i was just wondering cuz there is a j30 here with a comptech supercharger already installed at Venus (a shop here in sac) and i dont wanna do a cl-s swap cuz it wont be legal, the Ref said it has to be from a 1998-2002 Accord to pass so it makes my life that much more convenient....and if i got a auto tranny cooler the tranny should be alright for the most part

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
No, it wont. Honda Auto+Power=Failure. The engine bays are physically different, what do you not understand??!?!

Just sell your car and buy a V6.................or a Cavalier:rolleyes:

cg6boi

Reaction score
uhm immortal you need to calm the hell down i was just stating my opinion and your shootin me down like im a ****in retard, i was asking if the bays were different and the answer was yes, i understand that, the question came up as why i was asking this and i gave you my answer in my statement above yours, and i was looking around about the v6 tranny and ppl seem to say that heat is the biggest problem with the v6 tranny. So **** you

6THGEN_AI4

cg6boi said:
ppl seem to say that heat is the biggest problem with the v6 tranny. So **** you

Calm down guys we are just stating personal opinions here....:furious:

Back to the topic CLICKY here is a good deal for ya.:thumbsup:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
first off calm down, immortal does lose his cool but your reaction was a little too much.

now, if u want to do more reasearch on this matter, i would suggest v6p.net. it was originally all v6 6gens. they will show you all u need to know about SC, trannies (both auto and Man), engine bays and any other info.

now, IMO, i think that to swap a v6 into a car with an i4 is a waste. auto trannies are worst with the j30's than our f23, and thats sayin somthin. the Comptech SC kit is abt 3500, i believe. that right there is a drag turbo kit for your f23. manual ones must be custom fabbed and even the best bulletproof auto trannies (DR. EVIL) are now becoming a problem.

if u would like a v6 and a honda, 03+ accords are nice or you could buy a civic and try it in there

~Badger

cg6boi

Reaction score
i own a 04 coupe ex V6 6speed, i bought my 6thgen just because i love the way the sedans looks and wanted a car that i can have some fun with and im lookin to keep my car as long as possible, i dont wanna do the same thing i did b4 with my other vehicles and sell them just to regret it a few months down the way, so my 6-7th gens are staying with me, i just wanna mod my 6th gen more, i let my GF drive the 7 to and from work and do whatever errands she hasn(she doesnt really like to drive so i usually drive everywhere) and i rarely drive it cuz i hate manual (my 6th has 115000 miles compared to 54,000) and i bought these only 6months apart with 50000 miles on both.
i just wanted an answer to my question not someone callin me dumb, i really like this forum and never seen that ****, maybe im overreacting but i hate when ppl bash its ridiculous, and immortal i apologize if that makes things better, and if your wondering that J30 with the SC is only $1900 so i thought about pickin it up kuz it seems like a steal but now my mind has changed

cg6boi

Reaction score
O and i hate civics except for the EP3 but dont want one, my younger bro already has one and i dont wanna be a biter

Av6916

Reaction score
yeah please keep everything civilized and mannered. For my .02 cent's I've owned or my dad still owns a 6th gen v6 accord and i have to say, please don't get a j30 auto, since you will regret it later down the road. The transmission will slip on you even with a transmission cooler and it will cost you a lot more money then you want to maintain it. Don't rely on this information, but I've heard that you can bar a car that has a engine that is newer then the year of the car and it has to be smog legal, as well as the engine had to be in a car that passes smog and was sold in the u.s. If i were you i would just keep the f23. Just my .02 cents :).

Back