In-dash Tablets

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've thought about this -

If I were more tech savvy it'd be a cool thing to do since you could also use it for gauges, engine diagnostics, tuning...etc...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That does look good.

I have always wondered about putting a deck in the lower cubby area, I have the OEM cassette unit for there, that I considered.

Does a standard aftermarket H/U fit in the lower cubby?

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Following this local guy on Instagram who does high end retrofits and stuff.
Not long ago at all in his Cobalt SS he hooked up a tablet, not sure, mabye Samsung, as his head unit.

Looks real clean and is used as his radio and everything. Even hooked up to the internet.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I bought my navigation unit for, well, navigation. I do love my ipod connectivty, SD cards (saves me burning 100's of CD's per year since I am a music producer) etc. A lot of people hack my unit and do crazy stuff but I have yet to use my DVD player, outside of just testing it out. The main thing I love is all my outputs for my amps, a backup camera that functions while in reverse and the simplicity. I feel like a tablet offers the same in dash as in your hands, it would have to be programed really well to work as I would want while driving. Not trying to be a downer and my navi isn't the best unit in the world but it sounds excellent, better than an expensive Alpine I had before, and has only what I need. If it had more, I would pull over and use it as it was for, much like a tablet or I phone.

five0three

Reaction score
I'll be tackling this in the next week or so. The closest tablet that SHOULD fit is the samsung galaxy tab 7". Ordered a used example from ebay. More to follow...

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I'll be tackling this in the next week or so. The closest tablet that SHOULD fit is the samsung galaxy tab 7". Ordered a used example from ebay. More to follow...

Find one that's the same size as a double din head unit so you just have to fab it to fit in one of those plastic pieces that the double din unit fits into.

Back