In-dash Tablets

five0three

Reaction score
Find one that's the same size as a double din head unit so you just have to fab it to fit in one of those plastic pieces that the double din unit fits into.

exactly. thats the samsung galaxy tab 7" ;)

i also bought a spare radio surround/bezel just in case lol

gt58

Reaction score
i'd do one for playing music. i could play uncompressed audio files and i would be very happy. my ipod is okay but raw audio files sound so much better to my ears!!

five0three

Reaction score
i'd do one for playing music. i could play uncompressed audio files and i would be very happy. my ipod is okay but raw audio files sound so much better to my ears!!

you would be sending the audio through either an aux cable or bluetooth, which would diminish any advantageous qualities of an uncompressed audio file. burn them on a CD. best way to go.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I am just guessing but I seriously doubt a regular CD player has significantly better/different D/A converters than a tablet. I am not saying that it would be a bad thing to upgrade them but I am just saying that your CD player has to do the same exact thing to make digital files analog as a tablet would so using a CD player isn't really any different, unless I am wrong and they do in fact have better converters.

spediegunz

Reaction score
resurrecting this thread as a new member, in hopes that someone has done this mod. just purchased an 02 coupe as a complete restore project.
I was looking for audio/video options and found a youtube video showcasing a person who had installed a blackberry tablet to fit perfectly in the double din slot
and I decided this is what i need. the only difference is, in the video the owner has a blackberry tablet installed. (unfortunately because I'm still a new member I can't post links or photos to show you, but I would like to do the same with an iPad mini. I looked up the dimension difference the blackberry in the video is 7.64x5.12 and the iPad mini is 7.87x5.30, so its just a tiny bit bigger. Youtube has tons of videos showing other cars using the iPad mini as a replacement for the double din. and i know there is a product called float mount made for 7th and 8th gen accords, however my searches haven't allowed me to find any pictures or anyone who has mounted the mini in dash of the 6th gen accord, Ive only seen the nexus and the blackberry. I'm hoping the reason for that isn't because those are smaller sized tablets.

so my question is has anyone installed the iPad mini in dash into there 6th gen and if so how did they go about doing it any help would be appreciated.

Back