Intake question

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the only way youll get power out of these accords is with a turbo or a supercharger. or you can swap the motor, or even build the hell out of the one in your car. none of those options are cheap tho.

and if you feel like an intake is too hard to do, idk what to say. its honestly easy as hell to do on these cars. but if you dont wanna do it, then i wouldnt...especially if you dont have the tools.

jwong512

Reaction score
Don't believe those false advertisements that say your intake would give you an extra 10HP or so. Intakes don't help so much but all it does is make your car louder. If your lucky, it might make your car more efficient and you'll get an extra 0.5-1mpg. Honestly, if you can't install/remove an intake on your own and need someone else to help you then you shouldn't be messing with your car at all. It's one of the easiest mods and all you need to really remove it are the tools.

Mrspeedster

Reaction score
Do they make a turbocharger kit for my car? Will this double my whp? If not what else do I need to do? Lookin for around 400 horses.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol

you need a lot more than just a turbo for 400hp out of your stock engine....if youre even going to use that to get there.

you could buy a kit if you wanted, im not sure if they still make them, but they used to. but its not going to perform as well as one that you would put together yourself.

Mrspeedster

Reaction score
lol

you need a lot more than just a turbo for 400hp out of your stock engine....if youre even going to use that to get there.

you could buy a kit if you wanted, im not sure if they still make them, but they used to. but its not going to perform as well as one that you would put together yourself.

What "other stuff" do I need? I don't see anymore turbo kits for a 01' v6. How would I go about this (putting one together)? I'd appreciate it if you would list them in order and est total cost. Thanks man. BTW will this be reliable? I don't want to ruin my Honda reliability.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ah, youre a v6. than all you can really do is piece together a turbo kit. the ones on ebay are crap. well, basically, what you need is headers for a turbo application, then youll need a turbo, then a front mount intercooler, all the piping, engine management, and if you want to make some big power, you should probably build the motor a little as well, and make it closed deck so it can take a good amount of psi, since youd need it, haha.

check out v6performance.net for some turbo v6 6th gens. they would probably have more info on turboing the v6 there as well.

Back