Is it too late for my transmission?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Maybe it was for a used "jdm" tranny where I would have to take a risk, and have someone install totaling that price? :eh: I think so now.. haha

I only resoldered the joints that were brown, maybe that's where I went wrong.
I'm anywhere in Toronto, I don't mind bringing my car anywhere.
I will be considering Chi if the clutch packs do not work

I asked where in toronto you're at as i could've lend a hand in scanning and to see if its throwing any CEL's etc.

As for getting the tranny rebuilt...call up Chi (360Auto) and Ivan(iGarage) for a quote. Both shops do pretty damn good work. Both of them are in the Hwy7/McCowan area.

raqueno

Reaction score
I asked where in toronto you're at as i could've lend a hand in scanning and to see if its throwing any CEL's etc.

As for getting the tranny rebuilt...call up Chi (360Auto) and Ivan(iGarage) for a quote. Both shops do pretty damn good work. Both of them are in the Hwy7/McCowan area.

I'm at Warden and Sheppard, I know someone who owns a CEL scanner, thanks for the offer.
If I have no choice other to get the tranny rebuilt or swapped for a 6 I will call and get quotes from both shops

--

After reading a few FAQ's and stickies, I am uncertain about replacing the clutch packs, is it too late? Most say after the failure the only options are to rebuild or replace. Is replacing just the clutch pack enough? Or will replacing the clutch packs be a shot in the dark?

Last edited:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Sometimes draining and refilling the fluid can give you a "band aid" for a little bit longer, but it sounds like your tranny has died like so many before it. ;)

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
300 used? Wow, let me know if you find an 03 CL-s 6 M/T for 300 lmao.

Edit: My swap is going to cost me between 2800-3500$, and thats because a friend of mine is helping so we can cut down on labor costs. So if you think you can have someone first, sell you a used m/t that is actaully worth using for 300 bucks, which wont happen as well as buying all the parts you need PLUS labor for less than 2,000 bucks, good luck.

In all seriousness man, if you dont care to have this car forever and you want someone to fix it to get it back on the road just get your transmission fixed at a transmission shop and call it a day. I have been researching and getting seriously prepared for my swap over the past week and a half and I along with other people I have talked to that have finished their swaps already will tell you, it's not something to take lightly.

Last edited:

metrick1235

Reaction score
dont know what the prices are around your area but a rebuild on my transmission for auto v6 was 1700, ..... :( i should have done a swap

raqueno

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone.

@Rackedout
I might've mistaken the prices for the accord tranny, I checked the prices so long ago I do not recall which price is for which

The car is running but slips like crazy
I am convinced my tranny has pooped out and will be taking it to a transmission shop for repair/direct replacement.

Thanks for the help.

Back