Jordan_H's 98 Accord Sedan EX (56k)

kn0x47

Reaction score
Going 5 lug soon. Being that I have an ex, can I just buy some eBay hub and bearing assemblies and buy rotors, find front calipers, and pads?

if you can find front and rear spindles with good bearings at a junk yard that should be cheaper but yes all you really need are new front wheel bearings, front hubs, rear hub/bearing assembly, all 4 rotors, front caliper and bracket, and new axle nuts are always a good idea. That's what i did instead of getting used spindles. I'd highly recommend oem front bearings tho. I had installed a national front bearing and it went out after only 2 years.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
if you can find front and rear spindles with good bearings at a junk yard that should be cheaper but yes all you really need are new front wheel bearings, front hubs, rear hub/bearing assembly, all 4 rotors, front caliper and bracket, and new axle nuts are always a good idea. That's what i did instead of getting used spindles. I'd highly recommend oem front bearings tho. I had installed a national front bearing and it went out after only 2 years.

Told me exactly what I wanted to know! Thank-you.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Thought I would update. I put on the wingswest rear lip (shout out to Varnell!), got a daily driver (98 Impreza wagon), lowered the front down to just under 23 fender to ground. My eBay header doesn't fit quite right and scrapes on everything. The first day I lowered it more I ripped a huge hole in it and now sound like a tractor. I'll be at Hondafest this Sunday but maybe not in my accord. After next week I'm probably putting it in my shop and prepping for the tear down. Big changes coming. However, my s13 is getting fixed first. I promise the accord will receive love. I already have most of the parts for the h22 swap. Any ideas for what color I should powder coat my valve cover? Here's my favorite pic of the car thus far.

image1_zpsnrtb2ygu.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score
You're livin' the dream, man. I intentionally bought a beater that I knew I wouldn't be tempted to modify. If I had an S13, Subie, and an Accord I'd have five credit cards in my name. lol

Lip looks much better on your car. Glad to see it put to use. How was the fitment?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
You're livin' the dream, man. I intentionally bought a beater that I knew I wouldn't be tempted to modify. If I had an S13, Subie, and an Accord I'd have five credit cards in my name. lol

Lip looks much better on your car. Glad to see it put to use. How was the fitment?

I promised myself I would not put any money into the Subaru lol. Well... Try not to... The lip fit awesome. I didn't even put the 3m tape on because I knew I'd be taking it off soon. I can't thank you enough

phi1542

Reaction score
Thought I would update. I put on the wingswest rear lip (shout out to Varnell!), got a daily driver (98 Impreza wagon), lowered the front down to just under 23 fender to ground. My eBay header doesn't fit quite right and scrapes on everything. The first day I lowered it more I ripped a huge hole in it and now sound like a tractor. I'll be at Hondafest this Sunday but maybe not in my accord. After next week I'm probably putting it in my shop and prepping for the tear down. Big changes coming. However, my s13 is getting fixed first. I promise the accord will receive love. I already have most of the parts for the h22 swap. Any ideas for what color I should powder coat my valve cover? Here's my favorite pic of the car thus far.

image1_zpsnrtb2ygu.jpg

Looking good! I like the look with that new front lip a lot better lol and the rear lip gives a great touch. Nice ride haha Maybe you should do the valve cover white to match with your white on black theme. I think that would look sick

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I went to the junkyard and found an 01 coupe. Sadly, it was hit in the front and rear causing my hopes and dreams of an oem coupe front end were crushed (literally). However, I got a silver climate control surround, silver driver window switch, foglight covers, CD holder that goes in center console, black floor mats (minus driver :/), and black vents because I cant paint mine. I also pulled the h22 out of my prelude today to stick in the accord. I'm not going to rush this swap. I really want everything perfect. I'll try to update more on the car. Thanks everyone! Also, the silver interior pieces are for sale if anyone is interested!

image1_zpsiyclfoaq.jpg

image2_zpsexdzq6bo.jpg

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Super exciting to see. Right now I'm trying to decide what header to go with. I want to keep A/C but don't want to go with some generic eBay one. I know h22 swaps aren't too common here but I'm sure someone has an idea.

image1_zpslrhnbik9.jpg

Back