Just need some insight on lips and what not.

Clindayen

Reaction score
hugzman90 has the Type-R lip w/ '01-'02 factory side skirts, and it's flowing nicely overall imo.

His ride thread.

Yes, this was my original choice. Just get a Type-R Lip and use the OE Skirts but I still think theres a slightly awkard height difference at the rear. Maybe it's just my OCD kicking in:skurred: That's why I was wondering if the Mugen Style Rear Lip would line up with the OE Skirts. Or would the Mugen Rear' be a little too long? Or I could just line the rear bumper with an EZ-Lip for that extra 1/4 inch, but then I wouldn't be able to paint it AND it's thin so that'd be weird as well.. I would attmept to retrofit the OE Coupe Rear Lip but I don't like throwing money down the drain JUST IN CASE I mess up.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yes, this was my original choice. Just get a Type-R Lip and use the OE Skirts but I still think theres a slightly awkard height difference at the rear. Maybe it's just my OCD kicking in:skurred: That's why I was wondering if the Mugen Style Rear Lip would line up with the OE Skirts. Or would the Mugen Rear' be a little too long? Or I could just line the rear bumper with an EZ-Lip for that extra 1/4 inch, but then I wouldn't be able to paint it AND it's thin so that'd be weird as well.. I would attmept to retrofit the OE Coupe Rear Lip but I don't like throwing money down the drain JUST IN CASE I mess up.
I see. I hear ya, b/c I am super OCD as well, when it comes to my car lol. As DrOwZee has mentioned, if you ever get Mugen style skirts / lips, I would fill up those holes & carvings to get the OEMish look to it. (I'd say: Type-R front lip, filled Mugen side skirts, and resurfaced Mugen rear lip can be a good option, if you don't wanna take the risk of modding the OEM coup rear lip.)

Have fun looking at the member's ride thread to get some ideas ← (not being sarcastic lol), and gl w/ your decisions. ;)

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Perfect lip IMO..... '02 Coupe front bumper with Sedan Wings West W-Type front lip. With OEM Coupe Skirts & Coupe Wings West Rear Lip.

Would the WW Rear Lip hang down lower than the 01-02 OE Skirts?

I doubt it, unless you are severely slammed. Our rear bumpers are stupid high.

Clindayen

Reaction score
Perfect lip IMO..... '02 Coupe front bumper with Sedan Wings West W-Type front lip. With OEM Coupe Skirts & Coupe Wings West Rear Lip.

I doubt it, unless you are severely slammed. Our rear bumpers are stupid high.

Well that plan is to be about 24-26 inches from fender to floor. The reason I haven't considered the Coupe conversion is simply because I have a stupid OCD and things need to line up perfectly.. I do agree that it looks really nice but I just can't do it lol. Unless I can find someone to do a little custom work to make it flush.

Back