kicker or pioneer?

781_CG6

Reaction score
just wondering in general, im in the market for a sub, idk if i should get kicker brand or pioneer brand. has anyone have any cons for each?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
kickers generally need a bigger box and are meant to be loud in return for smooth response, and pioneers have a "dry" sound which doesn't appeal to people who want loud bass but sound very pleasing.

without models numbers, thats about as general as it gets :lawl:

Phatbass

Reaction score
pioneer is a flat sq-ish sub
kicker is cheap spl

Cant really answer till you state what you want outta your sub...

Erik123456789

Reaction score
i had two 12" pioneer subs.. then got two 15" kickers.. me personally i think the kickers were way better, they had a cleaner(clearer?) bass, not sure what the word is to describe it lol.. but it sounded nicer imo, and thats prolly cus they were bigger too though..

Ch1R

Reaction score
I got two 12'' kickers right now nice bass all around, only thing sucks is the rattle but thats from my car not the subs. Oh and also got to think of a amp too.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
i had two 12" pioneer subs.. then got two 15" kickers.. me personally i think the kickers were way better, they had a cleaner(clearer?) bass, not sure what the word is to describe it lol.. but it sounded nicer imo, and thats prolly cus they were bigger too though..

haha clean bass from a kicker. Kickers are just loud

loanaccordr23

Reaction score
another thing to think about is the head unit... had a pioneer h/u sounded good and hit hard when i wanted it to, then i tried out an alpine h/u and i didnt get the bass like i did from my pioneer, so i put it back in... u prolly already kno, but just puttin it out there, the design of ur box also helps out with the bass...

Back