kicker or pioneer?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the problem i have with "spl" subs (since bass is incredibly easy) is that they're a) terribly inefficient and b) have so-so T/S specs like a high Fs (can't play low) and require a big box, generally speaking.

its like...bragging rights are king these days. "I'm giving a pair of 12s 4000 watts at .5 ohms and they eat it up!" when its the wrong way to go about it and causes issues with durability of the equipment and the charging system. and never coming close to actually making that much power... :lawl:

heck i'm going to be running 2-300 watts on my 15" and the makers of the sub figure 108dB at 20hz before cabin gain is accounted for. one sub, 300 watts. cabin gain can be almost 35dB in some cars.

so to put the thread back on track...get the more sensitive sub ;)

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
kicker l7 is good hit hard and sound nice. not a big fan of pioneer unless its a deck

Unfortunately your opinion doesn't count this time, sentence structure is a wonderful thing. Try it.

I have a single Type-R 10" in a .65 cu/ft sealed box, pretty sure Alpine recommends a .70 cu/ft so I'm damn close for an off the shelf box. Sounds wonderful, very tight and articulated. I listen to a lot of punk and hardcore and it's perfect, can even hit the 8o8's in hardcore damn good.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
most manufacturer-recommended boxes are too small. most JL subs (except the the flat ones) do better in a half-cube or a bit more over JL's spec box.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
out of the 2 you listed,Depends on what you want.. SPL or SQ.
I had an 12" L7 powered by a 750w. hifonics amp that pounded my mirror off.
and now i have a 12" L5 powered by a 1200w. Hifonics amp..and it only hits certain notes and does not sound very good. and the box is as big as if i had 2 12s.

Phatbass

Reaction score
out of the 2 you listed,Depends on what you want.. SPL or SQ.
I had an 12" L7 powered by a 750w. hifonics amp that pounded my mirror off.
and now i have a 12" L5 powered by a 1200w. Hifonics amp..and it only hits certain notes and does not sound very good. and the box is as big as if i had 2 12s.

They have a 750W brutus?
sounds like your gains are off, must not be playing lows that well.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
low frequencies are more a function of the speaker and enclosure...

you do, of course, need more power to go lower. but that is also determined by the speaker and the box its in.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
They have a 750W brutus?
sounds like your gains are off, must not be playing lows that well.

No i had whats now a discontinued, TITAN line up of amps..it was 750watt mono TITAN amp..
I now have the Brutus 1200w mono. and my gain is all the way up to .2v to match my pre outs on the headunit.
I have factory speakers tho,so thats what an audio guy told me is killing the power to the sub and sound.its trying to play everything.

Sorry to threadjack.ha

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
what headunit do you have? no way should the gain be at .2v :poke:

the guy who told you the front speakers are killing the sub's output is smokin something...

Back