led backup, turn and brake lights

angelusnhc

Reaction score
can we use led lights in our cars without the car flashing like crazy? if so im ordering all led lights. hehehe

nexTOme

Reaction score
i think hyper blinking is because LED consumes less electricity compare to oem light bulb thus, your computer is thinking one of your light bulb is out or something. you can easily tap in resistor onto the wire.

i had LED blinkers in the front(they were white that gives that lil bit of bluish glare), but i took it off because of hyper blinking and i didnt want to go buy resistor. i can sell them to you if you are interested.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
how much? im intersted and do you got any others? i found out i have to get those resistors to correct the load. but idc. im still going all leads. and when you say bluish is it close to an hid look bc thats what im going for. and does anyone have white led bulbs for the backup and back turn signals to sale me as well?

cliffsta

Reaction score
You can get LED taillights off Ebay for like $140+ shipping, they come with a white regular bulb for the turn signal, you'd have to get an orange bulb to make them legal. If you wnated to do LED turn signals, too, then yes, you would need a resistor. Not sure what load, you would have to see what the stock setup draws.

The 3rd brake light would be a cool LED project.

Funny story, my dad is doing an LED tail for his Suzuki DRZ-400.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
You can get LED taillights off Ebay for like $140+ shipping, they come with a white regular bulb for the turn signal, you'd have to get an orange bulb to make them legal. If you wnated to do LED turn signals, too, then yes, you would need a resistor. Not sure what load, you would have to see what the stock setup draws.

The 3rd brake light would be a cool LED project.

Funny story, my dad is doing an LED tail for his Suzuki DRZ-400.

im getting the led tails but i just want led lights for the turn and backup lights. thats all. and if someone answer my thread located here

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9236

ill get led fogs as well. now if they made super bright led driving lights i would get them as well. until then ill stick with hids.

anyone got led turn and backup lights for sale that are white and anyone with an hid kit for sale? come on im trying to hook my car up here.

cliffsta

Reaction score
White turn signals aren't legal, just hope you know. And in all likelyhood you're gonna have to make it yourself. If somebody else made a setup, its already on their car and not for sale. LED backup lights would be easy, just replace the bulb with an LED cluster replacement.

As for HID kits somebody has them for sale on the site.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
will led backup lights cause anything to flash rapidly or turn any kind of warning light on?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
will led backup lights cause anything to flash rapidly or turn any kind of warning light on?
No but I suggest you look into 3watt Luxeon for backups. They are the brightest LED's you can get at the moment unless the 5watt is out for automotive applications.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have the LED tails/white reverse/turn signals/LED 3rd Brake light. Haven't had any issues with the white turn signal bulbs, front or rear in terms of the police stopping me. My argument is that alot of the Hyundai's have white turn signals too, if not JUST slightly orange.

Back