led instrument cluster?

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
guys everything you need to know to get proper LED gauges is here

http://v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148766

Picture%20026.jpg

I spent several hours tweaking everything to remove the hot spots, etc

ill be making a full DIY when i have some free time ( 2nd year medical student)

kn106518

Reaction score
sorta, i changed the bulbs with other bulbs, just different color. i used green bulbs.

greenlitoemgauges.jpg

to get the cluster out, its like one of those really easy things to do, once youve already experienced how to take it out and such. when i first tried taking mine out, i think i actually tried twice before i got it out, but yea, it took me a couple times cuz its a pain in the *** at the start, a little.

-you unscrew the screws at the top of the culster bezel
-you have to pull back on that bezel so that the two clips at the bottom of the actual gauge cluster will unclip (theyre the pain in the *** part)
-then you unscrew the screws at the top of the cluster piece (theyre like the bezel screws at the top) and you also unscrew the screws at the bottom of the cluster
-you pull it foward a little, and then you try to rotate it with the gauge faces pointing down
-then push it back a little and then you can unclip the clips at the top of the cluster
-after its all unclipped, you can pull it out and change out the bulbs on the back. the bigger black sockets (i guess you could call them that) are the ones that light up the faces and the needles. theirs 2 small ones for the temp gauge.

i used bulbs cuz they disperse the light better, and plus i already had them laying around and wanted to see if it would work. hope it works out for ya.

HEY DUDE< did you use #74 bulbs? i was looking at these bulbs. what bulbs do you think i should get, cause there so many. WITH different size and all, i just want to make sure it fit that all.
http://autolumination.com/74.htm

While we on this subject, can i replace the bulbs in the climate control too? and what bulb is that #74 bulb?

kn106518

Reaction score
ALRIGHT so i redo my GUAGE LED, but since i have to take out the needle, it all F up now.

Ok so my question is how do you guys reset those needle. and just to make sure, what is your RPM when you driving 80mph. see i don't have anyone to compare with so i don't know if my needle are pointing correctly.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
For speed, if you have any of those radar things around, you can compare it to that. Start by setting it on the wrong side of the pin. Then pull it over the pin. See what results you get.

For the tach, just readline your car and stick it on. It will piss your neighbors off so go somewhere nobody is around.

Fuel, just put it back on when you fill your tank, or at empty. I like it at empty, you can sort of "customize it so it shows empty sooner if you want.

Coolant, if your system is in good condition, put it at half way or so. I marked mine so it's exactly where it used to be.

If you really want it perfect, get a datalogger for $150 or so, there may be cheaper ones. Anything that will show you your speed, rpms and coolant temp will let you get it exact.

kn106518

Reaction score
dang it, now my freaking speed needle is all **** up, it either stuck and not move or just not move at all.

HEADBANGER_X3

Reaction score
man everyone is talking about different leds and stuff to put on and all i want is for mine to just come on! for some reason my guage dosnt come on that along with my ac bottons and the lights for the shift. anyone know how to fix this? ive checked fuse's and they all work. dont know what to do. help.....

kn106518

Reaction score
man, i tried that too, pull it out a little bit, and the dam bitch is like too far out or something and it won't move, oh man, this is really freaking pissing me off right now.

Back