led instrument cluster?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
You can use the bulb holders, when you take out the bulb, you will see a plastic base. You can use that. You have to solder a resistor on but that's it. I didn't go this route as if i went back to stock, it can be a bitch to get those bulbs and just hardwired everything (since mine was a bit extesive and everything was apart).

If you have never soldiered before, go buy a cheap soldering iron (i still use a $5 one all the time but i had a $100 one and it was SOO dope), some copper wire, and some solder. Oh, you need wire strippers too if you don't have any. Practice. You will be suprised how easy it is and will be able to solder wires together in about 5 min.

I learned how to do this in 3rd grade messing with model trains so i think if you have done any other mods, or have some cordination, you can do it your self.

Now, hardwiring, that's a different story as you actually have to have a good understanding about electricity and circuit boards, it's not that hard but if you don't know what you are doing, it can be confusing and very time consuming. But again, i learned that in 3rd grade so if you are patient, it's not hard either but adds a decent amount of difficulty.

But yeah, if you do it the way ledautomotive describes (in detail, right off the site with out having to buy from them), i think you could tackle it for sure, just practice a bit and don't burn yourself.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
i am in the middle of doing it too so soon as its done, i'll put pix up

DfeAt01

Reaction score
I looked yesterday and they have a section for no soldering FTMFW!!!

Yea thats where I got ALL my LEDs from. The center console (AC control, clock, hazard switch) all have to be soldered with the exception of one (the one that lights up the numbers on your ac control). The ones in the gauges (speedometer, tach, gas and temp) are direct replacements. I have done everything blue except for the AC control indicators and shifter which are red. Not had to solder them either if you have some basic knowledge. I got all my stuff from Radio Shack.

pointblank

Reaction score
hi, i just got my 2001 honda accord ex 2 dr coupe in stick.. i was looking to upgrade the interior lights as my first DIY... im also new to this forum... i saw the threads on the LED lighting that you did... and i was thinkin about getting cool white leds for the whole interior... from superbrightleds... you said to get the 5 194 led lights anda 2 74 wedges... my needles are red.. and i kinda like that.. so i just want a cool white background... would that work? and i saw you posting something about white being too purpleish? is that the case? then should i try going for these? im gonna pry open the dash later on today so i know what you giys are talking about... but yea.. let me know... i just dont wantt them purplish esp if im paying 95 cents extra per bulb for the cool white... thanks...

drey

Reaction score
greenlitoemgauges.jpg

did you get your incandescent bulbs from autolumination?
how did you get your mileage to show up like that?

atarikid07

Reaction score
Quick questions, cause they weren't answered here.

1) How many of the WLED-x5 (194/168) lights and how many of the 74-type lights do the V6's take?

2) Are the lights for the needles also on that board? Do I need 4 extra LEDs for the needles, or are those soldered, or there are none?

Back