Led strips

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm.. so far this is wut i know. put the - wire to my ground and get a buttconnector from walmart. Then put the + wire from headlight into the connector with the + wire from led. everything okay? o_O

simplesedan99

Reaction score
whats with this little face thing you have going lemon....? o_O? is you face stuck like that or something....oh and yeah if you cant get it ill be sure to get my little sister to come over with her friends and she will do it for you

SKY99

Reaction score
sup bro,
to further answer ur question on wiring... first what you need to do is ask yourself is: "when do I want these lights to come on?" Then think... "what other lights come on at the same time?"

For example if u wanted your LED's to come on when u open your door, notice that your courtesy light (light on the lower corner of the door panel) also comes on when your door opens. What you need to do is find the wire that powers those courtesy lights, and tap into the electricity that powers those lights... so that your LEDs will receive power whenever your courtesy lights comes on.

Finding the wire that powers these lights, or any other unit in your car, can be tricky, but remember that all of these wires meet at a common place in your car- the fuse box.
If you can get a hold of a manual... it will tell u exactly which part of the car each one of the fuses controls, when u find the courtesy light wire, or any other unit, just tap into that wire.

If you are not comfortable with tapping and splicing you can get what are called posi-tap connectors to make the job alittle easier.

posi-tap_n2_a2.jpg

But as previously stated, if your THIS unsure about the electrical system in your car it would be a really good idea to let someone do it who is familiar with these components- electrical work is pretty costly for any car.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
^^ on a side note, it would be a lot easier to cut the connector off the two wires that go to the bulb that goes in that lower portion of the headlight, and connect pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. and put shrink wrap over and maybe a little electrical tape to make sure its really sealed up.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
yee thats wut i meant andy. to answer ur question, i meant by using the wire from the bulb in amber strip area.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, if you hook up the wires that power the led strip to those wires, theyll come on when you turn on your parking lights, which i think would be a better way to have them set up, and it will be really easy to hook up that way as well.

Back