LEDautomotive clock bulb

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I just got my new bulb in and I searched if anyone had this same problem and I found one but nobody ever answered him so I figure I'll ask again.

I put my bulb in, I tried every which way, and still nothing. It just doesnt want to light up. Is it a possibility my clock is gone completely or am I just doing something wrong on this seemingly easy fix?

thanks for the help

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
are you sure the metal wires are touching the connection points, took me twenty min to figure the wires were bent wrong and it wasnt lining up... also did you twist it in?

Ofnir107

Reaction score
are you sure the metal wires are touching the connection points, took me twenty min to figure the wires were bent wrong and it wasnt lining up... also did you twist it in?

This was a problem for me as well. Just move the wires around to line them up.

I'm curious, what does your LED bulb look like? The bulb I have is too long so there's not enough light hitting the diffuser since it's so close to the housing. As a result, the light is really dark.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
there's not enough light hitting the diffuser since it's so close to the housing. As a result, the light is really dark.

I have the same problem, both in the clock and climate LCD. I've messed with it many times and decided to try an LED from someone other then LEDautomotive. If anyone figures it out, post up.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
I have the same problem, both in the clock and climate LCD. I've messed with it many times and decided to try an LED from someone other then LEDautomotive. If anyone figures it out, post up.

Hey RedRyder, for the climate control, I was able to use the neo wedge series (with the high power SMD) from SuperBrightLEDs. The light distribution is even. The only issue was getting them to fit into each of the holes. I had to trim part of the plastic part where you have to twist the bulb in since it was a bit larger then the OEM bulb. I have an automatic climate control so it might be different for the other climate control.

I've looked at the DIY for the clock LED but it looks scary; I'm not too bright in wiring and circuitry.

@ OP: Another thought. Did you just receive the new bulb? I was changing out my shifter light today and one of my LEDs wasn't working and it was brand new. Luckily I had ordered two.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
its aftermarket LED from LEDautomotive.com I was out there for at least 15-20 minutes. I'll just bring it in tomorrow morning and play around with the wires and see what i come up with...ill let you guys know

99accord boi

Reaction score
This was a problem for me as well. Just move the wires around to line them up.

I'm curious, what does your LED bulb look like? The bulb I have is too long so there's not enough light hitting the diffuser since it's so close to the housing. As a result, the light is really dark.
^this is the problem
i fully took apark the clock i mean everything the the led is too long i might try to take it apart again and put some alum foil to diffuse the light back to the plastc (its a frosted peice of plastic that distribute light evenly) ill post pics if u guys dont know wat im talkin about

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hey RedRyder, for the climate control, I was able to use the neo wedge series (with the high power SMD) from SuperBrightLEDs. The light distribution is even. The only issue was getting them to fit into each of the holes. I had to trim part of the plastic part where you have to twist the bulb in since it was a bit larger then the OEM bulb. I have an automatic climate control so it might be different for the other climate control.

Thanks I'll look into this.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Thanks I'll look into this.

If you need pictures of where I trimmed the pieces, let me know.

^this is the problem
i fully took apark the clock i mean everything the the led is too long i might try to take it apart again and put some alum foil to diffuse the light back to the plastc (its a frosted peice of plastic that distribute light evenly) ill post pics if u guys dont know wat im talkin about

If you get this to work out okay, please post a picture. Worst comes to worst, I was thinking about just trying to drill a hole or cut out the slits that are to the side of the original bulb position. That way, the LED would be firing sideways. The difficult part would be mounting the twist LED (probably with some hot glue or something) and wiring the positive and negatives up with some soldier. (sigh, so much work for a darn bulb, lol)

Back