Let's talk side mirrors

Mikey

Reaction score
That's what Im thinking, too. CL = CG coupe. TL = CG sedan.

And we're discussing power folding AND ones that are heated. Mine are already power. We're talking about ones that fold in at the push of a button. Those were usually a JDM thing. The heated ones were a Canadian thing and probably a few in the states.

PFM would be cool, but for me, the heated ones would be more functional.

As for the glass angle, that might be true. Also, The driver side is just mirror glass while the passenger glass is convex, so, in essence, JDM mirrors might be backwards. So your DS mirror would be convex and your PS mirror would not be. You could switch the glass though. Make them JDM PFM but with USDM glass.

Im still waiting to hear back from my buddy with the TL and from anybody on Acurazine, about measurements. Hopefully we get them from the CFs and when you 'nucks meet up and do some test fitting.

Raul

Reaction score
I wish we had mirrors like 6th gen maxima (2004-2008). They have heated, powered and power folding mirrors:inouteek:

Mikey

Reaction score
I'll have to double-check but I wanna say Ive seen at least ONE person do that with a 4G set.

Either bought both sets, or had one of the two, then combined them. 4Gs were just like ours; PFM in Japan and heated in Canada.

All I remember is that it was a HUGE pain in the a$$ to get everything to fit and work. Id love heated PFM but I dont feel like spending that much money AND going thorugh the hassle, lol. Id ultimately like to just buy a pair off a Canadian member here, lol. If not, I'll settle for CL mirrors. If they fit.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ok, so I measured my JDM mirrors,

Top angle -11.5"
Bottom - 7.5"
Side - 6"

It would take some trimming to make them fit on the sedan, based on my holding it up to the stock mirror, and may not be worth the effort.

Not sure what the Coupe owner's stock mirror dimensions are, but I am thinking they might be closer to the JDM ones.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So, it would actually fit almost perfectly on the Coupe.

Chris(Boy Wonder) has mirrors that are probably a similar size to the JDM ones, and IIRC, there is a bit of a fitment issue, but he was able to mount them and get the power folding option to work.

Mikey

Reaction score
According to the Acura guys, 03 CL mirrors are different from the 0102 mirrors. Not sure if it's sail size or just the head. The 03s are also tinted.

Im researching some heated mirrors currently and if it turns out they're CG, then this dicussion is over for me, lol. But I wouldnt mind looking into them being made into PFMs as well.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
According to the Acura guys, 03 CL mirrors are different from the 0102 mirrors. Not sure if it's sail size or just the head. The 03s are also tinted.

Im researching some heated mirrors currently and if it turns out they're CG, then this dicussion is over for me, lol. But I wouldnt mind looking into them being made into PFMs as well.

USDM mirrors can't be made in to power folding mirrors, because they were not designed that way.

They take alot more effort to fold than the JDM mirrors, you would just end up burning out the motor trying to get your USDM mirrors to power fold.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
CDM PFMs?

If by "CDM" you mean :canada:, then no.

I know, I know,

fgr-meme-generator-so-much-disappoint-44199a.jpg

Back