lots of noise from the rear

kurtage77

Reaction score
I've been having awful road noise coming from the rear of my car for a few months now and it sounds like it's coming from the tires like a droning sound.
It gets louder and higher pitched as I accelerate.
I figured out it wasn't after having 3 different sets (falken ziex, fairly shot bridgestone turanzas that came with my TL rims, and now I have brand new hankook ventus hr2's)
I just had the hankooks mounted and balanced today and also got an alignment done and the noise is still just as bad.
I doubt there's any rubbing; I'm lowered on tein s techs (2" drop all around)
Does anyone know what this could be?

Last edited:

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Is it kind of a whirring/warbling noise? It could be a wheel bearing. Does it sounds like it's coming from one side or the other?

S13 @ FullBoost

Reaction score
I have my money on a faulty or worn out wheel bearing thank god there easy to change. Hopefully that's all it is and not something worse.

kurtage77

Reaction score
Is it kind of a whirring/warbling noise? It could be a wheel bearing. Does it sounds like it's coming from one side or the other?

I guess you could say that.
When I take a hard turn like coming off an exit, it goes away but comes back once I straighten out again.

I have my money on a faulty or worn out wheel bearing thank god there easy to change. Hopefully that's all it is and not something worse.

Haha this was my first guess, but I really wasn't sure.
What are the other possibilties?

kurtage77

Reaction score
I think you guys are right about a faulty wheel bearing. I searched about it and the symptoms are what's happening to me..
ugghh the spending never ends with this car

dtraill27

Reaction score
i feel you on the wheel bearings. i had to replace both front ones last month ftl

kn0x47

Reaction score
^^same here. one of my front bearings went out then the next day i found out the other front one needed to be replaced. at least for the rear the hub and bearing are already together. it should be an easy swap

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I think you guys are right about a faulty wheel bearing. I searched about it and the symptoms are what's happening to me..
ugghh the spending never ends with this car

Quit complaining, its normal wear and tear items. Your not driving a ford, so you dont know what its like to replace things over and over and over.:lolhitting:

kurtage77

Reaction score
I did have a blown motor this past summer which costed me $2,400 and i'm still trying to pay that off (plus a couple other mishaps), sir so I think I can complain a bit here, esp considering my income.
But anyways, not owning a ford is a good thing.

Back