lots of noise from the rear

finch13

Reaction score
Lol... ****ty. Wheel bearings aren't going to do anything except annoy you, but they should be replace sooner than later.

If you want to save some money and are capable, take the rear knuckles/spindles/hubs off and take them to a shop with your own bearings (I recommend SKP or something like that at Napa) and have them pressed in. You'll save a ton of labor money and it's simple work for you.

accord27

Reaction score
one way to tell is to jack the rear of the car up and spin the rear wheel while it's off the ground. you'll hear if it's a bad wheel bearing.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Lol... ****ty. Wheel bearings aren't going to do anything except annoy you, but they should be replace sooner than later.

If you want to save some money and are capable, take the rear knuckles/spindles/hubs off and take them to a shop with your own bearings (I recommend SKP or something like that at Napa) and have them pressed in. You'll save a ton of labor money and it's simple work for you.

How does that price compare to just buying a new wheel bearing if I were to do the work myself?

$93.32 shipped for the bearing from here.

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
I have no idea to be honest. With or without ABS? I would have to call, or you can. It's the premium Napa wheel bearing.

I put one in a 02 Grand Am and it was like $150 with ABS, but that's a pontiac...

sodaks2k

Reaction score
I see your 93$ bearing and raise you a 50$ whole hub assembly here

If you raise me, that means you're offering (something worth) more than I am, which you are not. :lolhitting: :D Thanks for the heads up on that part. I have some noise coming from the right rear but I figure it's my wheel that has two "dents" in it. When I put my stockers back on this weekend I'll know for sure.

Last edited:
Back