loud knocking noise comeing from my car

Inline4

Reaction score
mine did the same thing, it was the lower balljoint and had to replace the whole control arm. i thought for sure it was coming from the drivers side, but it turned out to be the passenger

speed bumps, number 1 way to screw up your $hit. :flipoff:

ManceboF

Reaction score
My Car had/Has the upper ball joint and lower ball joints and axle messed up in the front. The ball joints make a clunking sound when you hit a bump or something but if the sound is more prevalent when you turn then it would be your axle i got both upper control arms on ebay for about 70 dollars and had a friend put them in for about 45 so you should expect to pay about 125 for both upper. I haven't replaced the lower control arms or axle so idk how much that would cost but the parts are fairly cheap if you look good on ebay. :thumbsup:

ManceboF

Reaction score
For it to make your steering go right though...you'd have to hit that speed bump pretty damn hard not "not fast or anything"

PS> why is this under DIY subforum??

The reason his steering wheel is pulling is because the axle is broken. There is a bias pull to the side of which axle is broken. I have this problem and if you nottice when you drive straight forward you steering wheel would probably tilted a little bit because of the bias.

datFo_OLkizzle

Reaction score
...it was my studs. my driver side wheel fell off lol just yesterday.. no damage to the car because the wheel caught the car

Back