low idle and cel

xci.ed6

Reaction score
What's the 'IAB' diaphragm?

I don't know much about your vac lines, just on stock cars, check the sticker under the hood.

nine23

Reaction score
What's the 'IAB' diaphragm?

I don't know much about your vac lines, just on stock cars, check the sticker under the hood.

It is the diaphram that opens the secondary butterflies in the IM.... I tried to unhook the vacuum last night to leave them open all the time but I was still having the same problem.... So randomly I unplugged the vacuum from the IM to the fuel pressure regulator and the problem went away.... So.... I have a new FPR ordered for later today and I am hoping this solve it

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, you still have two ways from that, well, one...

For air:
Hooked = no vac leak
unhooked = air source

For gas

Hooked @ idle = -10psi pulling press down
unhooked = acts like wot, add 10psi to fuel press

Check fuel press to see what happened.

A doa pressure reg usually you find a dead seal, so you either get not enough pressure, ever, and/or gas in vac line.

It really seems like you have a iac prob.

Unhooked rdm vac **** usually means a high idle. it does run, sometimes, you got s-s-b-b. It really seems like it runs, but don't idle, that leads only to the 'what idles' catagory.

nine23

Reaction score
Replace fuel pressure regulator.... Took it for a drive.... Still idling down when taking it out of gear but not dying... Don't know if it is because its colder outside or what... But its drive able now...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I saw 3v in there somewhere...
o2chart.gif

You shouldn't see it.

4-wire is the same as a 1-wire

1-sig
2-gnd
3-gnd
4-heater power

Back