Low profile sound system

Macsrule15

Reaction score
Get a single Dual 4 OHM so you can wire it like this
1_sub_DVC_4_ohm_mono.jpg

because that amp only puts out 500W RMS at 2 ohms...

Single 4 OHM= 4 OHM obviously
Single 2 OHM= 2 OHM obviously.. lol
Dual 4 OHM= 2 OHM or 8 OHM if bridged together
Dual 2 OHM= 1 OHM or 4 OHM if bridged together

so a single dual 2 ohm bridged to 4 OHM you will be pulling 500W RMS of power from your amp!

and YES! it will sound fantastic if you tune it properly and put it in the correct box with the correct dimensions

here is a manufacturer data sheet on that sub!

Screenshot2012-02-04at23151AM.jpg

hope this helps man

BTW go for a ported box! ;)

mvsterchief

Reaction score
BUMP. Ok so a 1999 sedan with the basic CD player, can be connected to an amp/woofer and sound good? Just replaced the front stock speakers with some Pioneers and the bass actually sounded better in the old ones. The Highs and Mids were definitely much better but now I kinda want a subwoofer to cover up the annoying piercing bump bass that the Pioneers put out.

Can someone please point me out to a DIY of wiring audio with the stock radio:beer:

gt58

Reaction score
BUMP. Ok so a 1999 sedan with the basic CD player, can be connected to an amp/woofer and sound good? Just replaced the front stock speakers with some Pioneers and the bass actually sounded better in the old ones. The Highs and Mids were definitely much better but now I kinda want a subwoofer to cover up the annoying piercing bump bass that the Pioneers put out.

Can someone please point me out to a DIY of wiring audio with the stock radio:beer:

i would look into an aftermarket stereo as it is much easier to hook up an amp.

just got this for my buddy http://www.ebay.com/itm/251130624565

and http://www.ebay.com/itm/390511704129

we hooked up a skar ivx 12 and put it on 500 rms. sounds clean.

the stereo will let you control your music so much better, and have a subwoofer control too.

mvsterchief

Reaction score
Well those are actually both good replies. That kit doesn't seem to difficult and I really like the stock look. But, I'm open to getting a DVD receiver just a bit scared of it getting stolen or having a broken window when I wake up in the morning. Hmm

Back