Lucas Oil Tranny Additives

J30MAN

Reaction score
Transmission fix gave me about 5,000 more miles out of my ttansmission before i was ready to swap 5 speed.

If ur not having issues then just leave it alone. If you have always serviced ur transmission then change the fluid. If your fluid is already all brown, leAve it unless you want to risk a slipping transmission for cleaner fluid.

It wont hurt my transmission if i put some of the "Conditioner" in it will it? I was thinking about trying it out to see if it stops the shutter from 2nd to 1st. I know i should leave it alone since it runs fine but I just wanna know if it will toast it if I try the stuff out before i change my fluid.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You could try changing out the 1st/2nd gear clutch pack and see if that helps. Not sure if 1st and 2nd are on the same clutch pack on the Accord, but they are on my TL. IIRC it's a $40-50 part.

J30MAN

Reaction score
You could try changing out the 1st/2nd gear clutch pack and see if that helps. Not sure if 1st and 2nd are on the same clutch pack on the Accord, but they are on my TL. IIRC it's a $40-50 part.

the only way it would get done would be to send it to a shop and i don't have the money for there labor. And my dad would not want to spend the time working on it here cause we are building a replica shelby cobra and he does not want to take the time away from that.

J30MAN

Reaction score
It wont hurt my transmission if i put some of the "Conditioner" in it will it? I was thinking about trying it out to see if it stops the shutter from 2nd to 1st. I know i should leave it alone since it runs fine but I just wanna know if it will toast it if I try the stuff out before i change my fluid.

bump

J30MAN

Reaction score

:coffee: anyone?

rizzy

Reaction score
so still no verdict on the lucas stuff??? i alsoo need help. i have a 98 original tanny with 160k on it. sometimes it shift fine sometime theres a problem with 1st and 2nd gear. like gear 1 will rev and suddinly jerk into 2nd or sometimes it will be 2nd sticking and jerking down into 1st when coming to a stop its really embarrassing with passengers in the car. but something its shift like butter with no complain . it soo weird, im hopping this lucas product would do somthing good for me, soo any ideals??

J30MAN

Reaction score
so still no verdict on the lucas stuff??? i alsoo need help. i have a 98 original tanny with 160k on it. sometimes it shift fine sometime theres a problem with 1st and 2nd gear. like gear 1 will rev and suddinly jerk into 2nd or sometimes it will be 2nd sticking and jerking down into 1st when coming to a stop its really embarrassing with passengers in the car. but something its shift like butter with no complain . it soo weird, im hopping this lucas product would do somthing good for me, soo any ideals??

I have the same problem as you with the 2nd to 1st downshift, it shudders a little bit but not to the point where it is embarrassing. But this week I am changing my fluid with Honda ATF-Z1 so ill keep you informed if just changing my fluid helps. If it doesn't help I will be adding some of the Lucas Conditioner.

Back