Lucas Oil Tranny Additives

rizzy

Reaction score
yea it isent a constant issues but its reallllyy annoying, im in NYC and were have a snow storm right now so as soon i can drive me self to any local auto store ill look into both porducts. maby it can be the tranny filter issue? and please do keep me posted.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Its more than likely not a filter issue, if anything its just the autotragic tranny breaking down way more slowly than others have. I would wait on buying any of the 2 products because if me just changing the fluid helps then thats what you should do. Even though the Lucas stuff is a cheaper alternative you would just be maintaining your transmission not putting in an additive that could possibly harm the life span in the long run. BTW im getting the same storm where I am, it sucks.

rizzy

Reaction score
im sorry but are u saying the lucas stuff could possibly harm the life span in the long run??

J30MAN

Reaction score
Im not saying that it WILL but it COULD knowing the weakness of our transmission.

rizzy

Reaction score
gottach yuh , im highly considering the lucas tranny fix, but i still ask around for some opinions. great find btw

J30MAN

Reaction score
yea it isent a constant issues but its reallllyy annoying, im in NYC and were have a snow storm right now so as soon i can drive me self to any local auto store ill look into both porducts. maby it can be the tranny filter issue? and please do keep me posted.

I'm changing the fluid this morning...I'll get back to you with the results.

J30MAN

Reaction score

I changed the flu about an hour ago and took it for a nice ride and from just changing the fluid all my upshifts are smoother. That 2nd to 1st shudder you were talking about is knocked to a minimum now. So i'd say hold off with putting the Lucas stuff in, just change your fluid with Honda ATF-Z1 from Tasauto.com 3 quarts is like $24 shipped.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
J30MAN said:
I changed the flu about an hour ago and took it for a nice ride and from just changing the fluid all my upshifts are smoother. That 2nd to 1st shudder you were talking about is knocked to a minimum now. So i'd say hold off with putting the Lucas stuff in, just change your fluid with Honda ATF-Z1 from Tasauto.com 3 quarts is like $24 shipped.
You will eventually leak transmission fluid out of ur axle seals. Next time u have the front end off the ground. Grab the axles with both hands and wiggle them, u will have alot of play. Mine used to shift slow to first coming to a stop and then accelerating again, it was more like a shudder. But just drive it very easy and save up money for a replacment.

Back